The couple, who refuse to hire professionals to finish the property, has since spent all their free time redesigning and decorating it - with the help of their famous friend Armani.
Brody says, "We prefer to do it ourselves. I think it's very important to be involved personally with anything creative. I cannot just hand things over. I've got lots of ideas and I can't just let somebody else do it. It doesn't feel as rewarding as doing it yourself.
"No architects, no property specialists, none of that - although we do have good friends who help us out. One of them is Giorgio Armani. One day I wrote a letter to Armani asking him if he'd be interested in helping us. He loved the idea and got personally involved."
And Brody admits there is so much work to do on the castle, he has devoted the rest of his life to renovating it.
He adds, "It's never going to be finished. It's a life project, whether I like it or not! I think that there's beauty in that, in acknowledging that something can never be really finished. I think that this farm can constantly evolve."
Similar News ItemsAdrien Brody
- First Trailer and Poster for 'Third Person' (From Rope Of Silicon. 16 April 2014, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Wilde Strips Off Her Kit in Racy Third Person Trailer (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 16 April 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Liam Neeson, James Franco, Mila Kunis Lead Intertwining Lives in ‘Third Person’ Trailer (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Elsa Pataky Shows Off Super-Skinny Body Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth to Twins! (From E! Online. 8 April 2014, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- Elsa Pataky Debuts Slim Post-Baby Body Three Weeks After Giving Birth to Twins: Picture (From Us Weekly. 8 April 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Elsa Pataky Makes an Impressive Appearance Weeks After Welcoming Twins (From Popsugar. 8 April 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet Trend: Stars Show Skin in Crop Tops and Cutouts (From Us Weekly. 14 April 2014, 5:32 AM, PDT)
- Josh Hartnett Is Back Out With His Hot Girlfriend (From Popsugar. 31 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Giorgio Armani And Rai Cinema Team Up on ‘Films of City Frames’ Initiative (From Variety - Film News. 19 March 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)