Producers of the new James Bond film Quantum Of Solace are set to anger die-hard 007 fans - they have dropped all of the superspy's catchphrases.
The legendary character has often thrilled cinema audiences with the immortal line, "The name is Bond, James Bond," and ordered his martinis "shaken, not stirred".
But movie bosses have cut the lines out of the new film, fearing they may be too old-fashioned for a modern Bond.
Director Marc Foster says, "There was a 'Bond, James Bond' in the script. There are several places where we shot it as well, but it never worked as we hoped. I just felt we should cut it out and Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson (the film's producers) agreed, too.
"It's nice to be open-minded about the Bond formula. You can always ago back to them later on."
Similar News ItemsQuantum of Solace (2008)
- Michael Peña Heads Action-Thriller The Worker (From LatinoReview. 2 February 2016, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Nicolas Winding Refn Says He Wants To Make "A Big Extravagant Action Film" With 'The Avenging Silence' (From The Playlist. 2 February 2016, 8:05 AM, PST)
- Nicolas Winding Refn Teams With Bond Writers For Asian-Set Action Thriller, Could This Be 'The Avenging Silence'? (From The Playlist. 29 January 2016, 1:19 PM, PST)
- 61 film books that are well worth your time (From Den of Geek. 10 December 2015, 4:10 AM, PST)
- Original Film Songs Can Provide a Coda or Establish a Tone (From Variety - Film News. 9 December 2015, 12:59 PM, PST)
- Daniel Craig Back For Spectre's Sequel? Here's What The Producers Say (From Cinema Blend. 1 December 2015, 8:58 AM, PST)
Michael G. Wilson (I)
- Spectre Stalks Home VIdeo with February 9 Release (From Comicmix. 9 January 2016, 9:22 AM, PST)
- Revealed: Spectre Blu-ray & DVD release details (From The Hollywood News. 6 January 2016, 9:12 AM, PST)
- Christoph Waltz is signed for two more Bond movies (From The Hollywood News. 4 January 2016, 1:29 AM, PST)