Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - 'Batman' Unmasked (From SneakPeek. 1 December 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016): New Teaser Trailer Brings Heroes Face to Face (From Film-Book. 1 December 2015, 7:27 AM, PST)
- Watch: Superman Is Pissed at Batman in a New Clip from 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' (From Fandango. 1 December 2015, 6:36 AM, PST)
- Catch A Sneak Peek At New Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Trailer (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 November 2015, 9:04 PM, PST)
- Negan Is Teased In This Prologue For The Next Episode Of The Walking Dead (From We Got This Covered. 30 November 2015, 9:11 AM, PST)
- Giveaway – Win Future Shock! The Story of 2000Ad DVD and signed poster (From Flickeringmyth. 30 November 2015, 2:55 AM, PST)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- James Wan releases The Conjuring 2 set photos (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 8:38 AM, PST)
- ‘The Conjuring 2’ Set Photos Show Off an English Setting and Patrick Wilson’s Mighty Sideburns (From Slash Film. 27 November 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Filming Continues On James Wan’s The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist As New Set Photos Emerge (From We Got This Covered. 27 November 2015, 8:57 AM, PST)