Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- New Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ben Affleck and Batmobile Picture (From TheHDRoom. 9 October 2015, 8:19 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Is Stoic As Ever In New Image From 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice' (From The Playlist. 9 October 2015, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice concept art featuring the Trinity (From Flickeringmyth. 9 October 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Jonás Cuarón’s Thriller ‘Desierto’ Acquired by Stx Entertainment (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Movies – Star Wars character returns, Batman v Superman gets rating and Marvel Phase Three details… (From Flickeringmyth. 5 October 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Gran Turismo: new writers board the movie (From Den of Geek. 4 October 2015, 10:15 PM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Beyond Fright Review: The Leftovers – Season One (From Icons of Fright. 9 October 2015, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Fargo’s Second Season Is One of the Best TV Dramas This Year (From Vulture. 9 October 2015, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Character Posters with Kurt Russell and Patrick Wilson (From MovieWeb. 9 October 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)