Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- 'Suicide Squad' Compared to 'Dark Knight', Momoa's Excitement for 'Justice League' & a Majestic Joker (From Rope Of Silicon. 2 March 2015, 6:16 AM, PST)
- Batman V Superman: Jason Momoa on Aquaman's role (From Den of Geek. 1 March 2015, 10:40 PM, PST)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - Close On The 'Bat-Suit' (From SneakPeek. 1 March 2015, 9:51 AM, PST)
- 2015 The Summer of the Most Famous Dead Guy on TV – Geek Girl Navigating the World- (From Boomtron. 28 February 2015, 7:15 AM, PST)
- The Imitation Game Blu-ray gets March release (From Flickeringmyth. 27 February 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
- UK Readers: Win a Copy of Wolves on DVD! (From Dread Central. 26 February 2015, 2:00 AM, PST)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Haley Bennett Lands Female Lead In MGM’s ‘The Magnificent Seven’ (From Deadline. 20 February 2015, 4:46 PM, PST)
- 'Magnificent Seven' Gets Haley Bennett as the Female Lead (From MovieWeb. 20 February 2015, 4:24 PM, PST)
- ‘Jack Strong’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 18 February 2015, 7:26 AM, PST)