Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Zack Snyder Defends ‘Man of Steel’ Ending, Wayne Enterprises Employees Died in Final Battle (From Slash Film. 5 July 2015, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Snyder Justifies The "Man of Steel" Ending (From Dark Horizons. 5 July 2015, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- Superman Destroyed One of Bruce Wayne's Buildings in Man of Steel (From Worst Previews. 5 July 2015, 4:31 AM, PDT)
- 'Man of Steel' Ending Was Right Choice Says Zack Snyder (From MovieWeb. 4 July 2015, 12:12 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Confirms 'Superman' Destroyed One Of 'Bruce Wayne''s Buildings In Man Of Steel (From ComicBookMovie. 4 July 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Best TV Episodes of 2015 (So Far): Part Three (From SoundOnSight. 27 June 2015, 6:55 PM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- First teaser trailer for Fargo season 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 19 June 2015, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: First Fargo Teaser, Playing House Makeover and More (From TVLine.com. 18 June 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- 'Fargo' Season 2 Teaser Highlights 1970s Winter (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 June 2015, 9:55 AM, PDT)