Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Costumes Will Anchor The Heroes In The Real World (From We Got This Covered. 31 March 2015, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - Young 'Bruce Wayne' (From SneakPeek. 30 March 2015, 6:37 PM, PDT)
- Batman V Superman: Ranking The Character Designs From Worst To Best (From Obsessed with Film. 30 March 2015, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- ‘Wolves’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 30 March 2015, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Op-Ed: Why the Batgirl Cover Should Have Been Cancelled! (From Legions of Gotham. 25 March 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (From Collider.com. 25 March 2015, 8:37 AM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Stephen Colbert, Richard Gere and More Announced for Montclair Film Festival Conversation Series (From Indiewire. 30 March 2015, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- ‘Let’s Kill Ward’s Wife’ VOD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 27 March 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Viewers Can Saddle Up with Kurt Russell in this Preview for Horror Western Bone Tomahawk (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 26 March 2015, 11:28 AM, PDT)