Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Top 5: Gone Girl Trailer, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Set Visit, Transcendence, The Expendables 3 Set Visit, Zack Snyder Talks Batman Vs. Superman (From Collider.com. 19 April 2014, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder Explains Why Batman is in Man of Steel Sequel (From Worst Previews. 18 April 2014, 7:27 PM, PDT)
- "Batman Vs Superman": 'Krypto' and 'Ace The Bat-Hound' (From SneakPeek. 18 April 2014, 6:51 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder: ‘Everyone Clings to the Christopher Reeve Version of Superman’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 April 2014, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder Talks Marvel Vs. DC and the Reality of Superman (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2014, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder Geeks Out About Batman Vs. Superman In New Interview (From We Got This Covered. 17 April 2014, 6:53 PM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Box Office: Can 'Oculus' Producer Jason Blum Succeed Outside His Horror Comfort Zone? (From Moviefone. 14 April 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Matt Gerald Joins Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ As Baddie (From The Hollywood News. 9 April 2014, 12:31 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Predictions: Best TV Movie/Miniseries Supporting Actor (From Indiewire. 8 April 2014, 7:35 AM, PDT)