Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Man Of Steel (2013) Movie Trailer 3: Zod Unleashes his Fury on Earth (From Film-Book. 22 May 2013, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Man Of Steel General Zod Trailer (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 May 2013, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Surrender Yourself to the New 'Man of Steel' Trailer (From NextMovie. 22 May 2013, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Man of Steel trailer 4 arrives online (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2013, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod (From Moviefone. 22 May 2013, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- New Man of Steel Trailer is Here! (From Worst Previews. 22 May 2013, 3:29 AM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Critics’ Choice Award Nominations 2013: ‘Game Of Thrones’ & More TV (From HollywoodLife. 22 May 2013, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- The Big Bang Theory and American Horror Story Lead Critics' Choice Television Awards Nominations (From TVfanatic. 22 May 2013, 7:11 AM, PDT)
- Big Bang, Horror Story, Parks & Rec, Good Wife, The Americans Lead Critics Choice Nominations (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)