Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - 'Batman' Revealed (From SneakPeek. 25 July 2014, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Still Looks Gloomy In This New Look At 'Batman' (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 July 2014, 10:50 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan And Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic-Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer (From Uinterview. 24 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- New Detailed Portrait of Ben Affleck as Batman in 'Batman v. Superman' (From Rope Of Silicon. 24 July 2014, 3:24 PM, PDT)
- New Official Image Of Ben Affleck In 'Batman v. Superman' Plus Henry Cavill's Superman Wielding A Lightsaber (From The Playlist. 24 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Ant-Man concept art revealed in new Comic-Con poster (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 2:02 AM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Marvel movies, The Rock to DC and Star Wars updates in this week’s Movie Newsgasm! (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2014, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014: Marvel Releases 'Ant-Man' Poster (From LatinoReview. 24 July 2014, 3:17 AM, PDT)
- Ant-Man poster gives first look at Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 July 2014, 2:36 AM, PDT)