Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Nicolas Cage talks Superman Lives (From Flickeringmyth. 10 December 2013, 2:34 PM, PST)
- Nicholas Cage Calls His Man of Steel in Cancelled ‘Superman Lives’ ‘Gutsy’ (From Screen Rant. 10 December 2013, 12:36 PM, PST)
- Best of 2013: The most cringeworthy movie lines of the year (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 10 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Good Wife Season 5 New Major Prosecutor Arriving To Befriend Alicia & More,New Spoiler (From OnTheFlix. 8 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Alan Moore Hates Superheroes: 4 Major Problems With His Argument (From Obsessed with Film. 6 December 2013, 2:14 AM, PST)
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell (From EW.com - PopWatch. 4 December 2013, 1:57 PM, PST)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- ‘The Conjuring’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 10 December 2013, 1:53 AM, PST)
- Blu-ray Review - The Conjuring (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 11:31 PM, PST)
- The Conjuring Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 7 December 2013, 11:54 AM, PST)