Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- The Week in Movies – Deadpool vs. Wolverine movie? Star Wars: Episode IX details, how Justice League factor into Batman v Superman and more… (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 2:33 AM, PST)
- Fan-art: The Trinity Stand Tall In Awesome Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice Poster (From ComicBookMovie. 6 February 2016, 6:50 PM, PST)
- 'Superman' Gets a New Super Power in DC Comics (From MovieWeb. 6 February 2016, 8:47 AM, PST)
- Casting Walking Dead characters in Batman – watch the first episode of Flickering Myth’s Jump Cut (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 2:44 AM, PST)
- Listen to a preview of the Batman theme from the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice score (From Flickeringmyth. 6 February 2016, 1:40 AM, PST)
- 'Justice League' Roles Are Small in 'Batman v Superman' Says Snyder (From MovieWeb. 5 February 2016, 4:36 PM, PST)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- UK poster for cannibal western Bone Tomahawk featuring Kurt Russell (From Flickeringmyth. 5 February 2016, 5:10 AM, PST)
- On Demand DVD New Releases Feb. 1-7 (From ChannelGuideMag. 1 February 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Bone Tomahawk’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 26 January 2016, 8:23 AM, PST)