Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - Extended Footage (From SneakPeek. 31 August 2015, 10:30 PM, PDT)
- "Wonder Woman' In "Marie Claire" (From SneakPeek. 31 August 2015, 8:47 PM, PDT)
- It Appears That Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice Will Have A Private Party Scene (From ComicBookMovie. 29 August 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Henry Cavill on whether Lois Lane or Wonder Woman is a better fit for Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2015, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. CEO on the decision to push Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice back to 2016 (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2015, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- General Zod will have “flippers instead of hands” in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2015, 11:45 PM, PDT)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- Arthouse Audit: 'Grandma' Grabs Big Second Week, 'Phoenix' Continues to Rise (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 August 2015, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Zipper | Review (From ioncinema. 28 August 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Review: 'Zipper' Starring Patrick Wilson, Lena Headey, Richard Dreyfuss, Ray Winstone, And Dianna Agron (From The Playlist. 28 August 2015, 12:50 PM, PDT)