Bosses at Twentieth Century Fox have launched a legal battle to block the release of new comic book movie Watchmen.
The film, based on the comic books written by Alan Moore, is due to hit cinemas in March 2009.
But the release has now been thrown into jeopardy after chiefs at Fox filed legal papers in Los Angeles claiming they bought the rights to the series in the 1980s - and seeking an injunction against rival studio Warner Bros in a bid to halt the picture.
A spokesman for Fox says the company will be "asking the court to enforce our copyright interests" and urging the judge to stop the release of the movie and "any related Watchmen media that violate our copyright interests in that property".
A representative for Warner Bros adds, "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights."
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Noam Murro Says Blink (From EmpireOnline. 29 January 2015, 2:51 PM, PST)
- Jason Momoa talks about bringing superhero diversity to Aquaman (From JoBlo. 29 January 2015, 11:34 AM, PST)
- Jason Momoa talks Aquaman, says he wont be blonde (From Flickeringmyth. 29 January 2015, 1:06 AM, PST)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins CBS’s ‘Extant’ as Series Regular (From The Wrap. 29 January 2015, 4:32 PM, PST)
- Review: Kingsman: The Secret Service (From Shadowlocked. 29 January 2015, 3:59 PM, PST)
- Watch: 'The Avengers' Get The Zack Snyder Treatment In 'Watchmen' Trailer Mashup (From The Playlist. 27 January 2015, 11:44 AM, PST)
Patrick Wilson (I)
- 'Zipper' stars Dianna Agron and Richard Dreyfuss talk political sex scandals (From Hitfix. 29 January 2015, 1:21 PM, PST)
- ‘Fargo’ Season 2 Casts ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Alum as Crime Boss (From Slash Film. 29 January 2015, 1:07 PM, PST)
- ‘300: Rise of an Empire’s’ Noam Murro to Direct ‘Blink’ for Atlas Independent (From The Wrap. 29 January 2015, 11:40 AM, PST)