The European Federation of Cinematographers, Imago, will present its first lifetime achievement award to Italian cinematographer Guiseppe Rotunno for his contributions to his art during the 2008 Filmmaker's Festival, Sept. 28-30 in Frankfurt Germany.
Rotunno was a frequent collaborator with Federico Fellini. He credits include "All That Jazz", for which he received an Oscar nomination, and "Il Casanova di Federico Fellini."
Cinematographer Luciano Tovoli, founder of Imago, will make the presentation.
This year, Imago is joining American Cinema Editors as partners for the Filmmaker's Festival, which focuses on the art and science of filmmaking with panels and presentations from world-class artists covering a range of disciplines including cinematography, visual effects, editing and directing.
"Participation in the Filmmaker's Festival will provide cinematographers throughout Europe a meaningful platform to share and explore their craft together with so many other production professionals," Imago president Nigel Walters said.
Imago comprises 28 European societies of cinematographers with affiliations in additional nations.
Similar News ItemsFederico Fellini
- ‘La Dolce Vita’: The Sour Cherry On Top of an Amazing Year For Movies (From FilmSchoolRejects. 10 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Blue Is the Luckiest Color: Lafca Best Actress Tie (Two Years in a Row); Oscar Chances for Adele? (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 1:10 PM, PST)
- Cinema Paradiso: the little movie that could (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 December 2013, 9:44 AM, PST)
- 31 Days of Horror: 100 Greatest Horror Films: Top 50 (From SoundOnSight. 27 October 2013, 10:07 PM, PDT)
- Ettore Scola unveils Fellini tribute (From ScreenDaily. 5 June 2013, 3:42 AM, PDT)
- 100 + Greatest Horror Movies (pt.3) 100-76 (From SoundOnSight. 15 October 2012, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Anne V. Coates celebrated at Edit fest (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 September 2008, 1:00 PM, PDT)