The new Indiana Jones movie has whipped up a ticket storm in North America, raking in $25 million (GBP12.5 million) from its first full day at the box office.
That's the fourth highest-grossing Thursday debut on record, and keeps Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on course to become the biggest Memorial Day weekend release ever.
The film is expected to make up to $170 million (GBP85 million) over the five day period, breaking the box office record set last year by Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
Similar News ItemsPirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
- Christoph Waltz Eyed as the Villain in Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (From MovieWeb. 29 November 2013, 1:06 PM, PST)
- "Crap 3D Will Ruin A Perfectly Good Film": 'Gravity' Tech Chris Park Calls On Studios To Step Up Quality (From The Playlist. 12 November 2013, 8:31 AM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan take over scriptwriting duties on Star Wars: Episode VII, crew revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 25 October 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)
In America (2002)
- Morton To Become a Mother Again (From WENN. 8 August 2007)
- 'Some' way for Hounsou at Summit (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 June 2007)
- Hounsou set to load 'Trunk' with White (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 October 2006)