The Force was again with Spike TV over the weekend.
Following last weekend's strong numbers for the three Star Wars prequels, Spike scored again with Episodes 4-6 of the saga. Sunday's Star Wars: Episode VI -- Return of the Jedi (8-11 p.m.) performed the best with 4.1 million total viewers, nearly matching the numbers for the previous weekend's Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith (4.2 million), according to Nielsen Media Research.
Overall, the premieres of the six movies averaged 3.4 million viewers, with a 62% male audience.
Meanwhile, a SpongeBob SquarePants special on Nickelodeon averaged 6.1 million viewers at 8 p.m. Friday, making it basic cable's most-watched program for the week ending April 13. The half-hour special, Pest of the West, also ranked No. 1 across all of broadcast and cable among the younger demos, including kids 2-11 (3.5 million), kids 6-11 (2.4 million) and tweens 9-14 (1.6 million).
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- James Franco Battles Bryan Cranston in Red-Band Why Him? Trailer (From MovieWeb. 30 June 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Set Visit Interview: Talking With Travis Knight, CEO of Laika and Director of 'Kubo And The Two Strings' (From LatinoReview. 30 June 2016, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- James Cameron critiques Star Wars: The Force Awakens, felt it lacked “visual imagination” (From Flickeringmyth. 30 June 2016, 3:40 AM, PDT)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Star Wars: Samuel L Jackson on Mace Windu (From Den of Geek. 29 June 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Rey and Kylo Ren character featurettes for Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2016, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- X-Men: where now after X-Men: Apocalypse? (From Den of Geek. 27 June 2016, 11:22 AM, PDT)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- The Han Solo Screenplay Has Been Described As The Best One In The Star Wars Series To Date (From ComicBookMovie. 30 June 2016, 8:38 AM, PDT)
- Han Solo Movie Script Praised by Star Wars Expert (From MovieWeb. 29 June 2016, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- Why Doesn't James Cameron Like Star Wars: The Force Awakens? (From MovieWeb. 29 June 2016, 10:31 AM, PDT)