MORE NATPE NEWS
UPDATED 8:10 p.m. PT Jan. 28
LAS VEGAS -- Court show queen Judge Judy Sheindlin has inked a new multiyear deal with CBS Television Distribution to continue with her strip, "Judge Judy", and the CBS Television Stations group has renewed the top-rated court show for another two seasons, taking it through 2012.
The "Judge Judy" renewal was among a flurry of NATPE-related announcements made Monday, a day before the organization's annual Conference & Exhibition officially kicks off at the Mandalay Bay Resort here. A second-season pickup for game show "Crosswords" also is a "firm go," while ION Media Networks' acquisition of "Baywatch" and station clearances for Twentieth Television's "Bones" also were among Monday's deals.
" 'Judge Judy' is the unsung hero of syndication, consistently delivering fantastic ratings to our station partners, and we're really proud it's the only syndicated show growing year to year," CTD president and COO John Nogawski said.
There was further syndication news:
-- Program Partners' "Crosswords" is a "firm go" for Season 2 after having been renewed in 40 of the top 50 markets. The distributor has secured commitments from WNBC New York and other NBC O&Os as well as stations owned by Belo, Four Points, Gannett, Gray, Guardian, Hubbard, McGraw-Hill, New Age, Raycom, Sarkes Tarzian and Sagamorehill.
" 'Crosswords' ' ratings are building continuously and now hitting season-to-date highs," said Ritch Colbert, who heads Program Partners with Josh Raphaelson. "This renewal is a testament to our amazing production team and to the power of Merv Griffin's original vision."
Hosted by Ty Treadway, "Crosswords" is a half-hour game show in which five players compete against one another and the clock to solve a crossword.
"This vote of confidence from our station affiliates makes a nice start to 2008," said Ron Ward, head of Merv Griffin Entertainment and vice chairman of the Griffin Group.
Similar News ItemsNBC Universal Television Distribution [us]
- 10 Amazing TV Shows With Surprisingly Weak First Seasons (From Obsessed with Film. 8 September 2014, 5:07 AM, PDT)
- 10 Episodes That Prove 30 Rock Is The Greatest Sitcom Ever Made (From Obsessed with Film. 23 December 2013, 3:44 AM, PST)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: ITV2 Buys 4 U.S. Shows, A Play For ‘Rupert’, Spain’s Duopoly (From Deadline TV. 24 August 2012, 11:55 PM, PDT)
- News Corp., CBS and Sony hit 52-week lows (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 June 2008)
- Media stocks trail at halftime (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 June 2008)
- 'Late Show' posts poor ratings (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 June 2008)
- Amber Rose Flaunts Famous Booty in Sexy White Thong Swimsuit (From TooFab. 13 July 2015, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Family Feud’ Tops Syndication Ratings For First Time (From Deadline TV. 23 June 2015, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- Ratings: ‘Family Feud’ Tops All of Syndication for First Time (From Variety - TV News. 23 June 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)