The network will air the 36 eight-minute episodes of the Web series, which premiered on MySpace.com Nov. 11, as a six-episode hour-long drama.
"This is really a new form that doesn't pertain to any other series or program out there, "Herskovitz said.
Quarterlife will have a smooth transition to the small screen, because it was conceived as six one-hour story arcs that were then broken into six webisodes each.
Quarterlife will get a second window on NBC in early 2008 after it concludes its run on the Internet. It will also be streamed on nbc.com.
"Ed and Marshall are well-respected TV veterans that repeatedly have demonstrated a creative voice that resonates with a wide audience," said NBC programming chief Ben Silverman. "'Quarterlife' is yet another show that evokes their renowned storytelling skills and but is based on an innovative, new business model."
In addition to broadcast and online, NBC is also getting DVD and foreign distribution rights to Quarterlife as well as an equity stake in quarterlife.com, the show's companion social network site that also posts Quarterlife episodes a day after their premiere on MySpace. Herskovitz and Zwick will retain 100% ownership and creative control of the series.
Similar News ItemsNBC Universal Television Distribution [us]
- 10 Amazing TV Shows With Surprisingly Weak First Seasons (From Obsessed with Film. 8 September 2014, 5:07 AM, PDT)
- 10 Episodes That Prove 30 Rock Is The Greatest Sitcom Ever Made (From Obsessed with Film. 23 December 2013, 3:44 AM, PST)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: ITV2 Buys 4 U.S. Shows, A Play For ‘Rupert’, Spain’s Duopoly (From Deadline TV. 24 August 2012, 11:55 PM, PDT)
- The Nate Parker Interview: What’s Next for ‘The Birth of a Nation’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 August 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise And Cobie Smulders Buddy Up In International Poster For Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (From We Got This Covered. 19 August 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- New International Poster For Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Revealed (From LatinoReview. 19 August 2016, 5:56 AM, PDT)
"My So-Called Life" (1994)
- ABC Digital Acquires Viola Davis-Produced ‘American Koko,’ Renews ‘Newborn Moms’ & ‘Forever 31’ (From Indiewire Television. 4 August 2016, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- ABC Digital Acquires Viola Davis-Produced ‘American Koko,’ Renews ‘Newborn Moms’ & ‘Forever 31’ (From Indiewire. 4 August 2016, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- The Evolution of Jared Leto: From ‘My So Called Life’s’ Jordan Catalano to the Joker (Photos) (From The Wrap. 31 July 2016, 4:20 PM, PDT)