Marshall Herskovitz has been tapped by the Caucus for Television Producers, Writers and Directors to receive its Silver Anniversary New Vision Award.
In addition, the caucus on Wednesday announced the nominees for its producer, writer, director and actor-producer awards, which will be handed out Dec. 7 at the annual Caucus Awards black-tie gala at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Herskovitz, who also is president of the Producers Guild of America, recently launched with Edward Zwick a Web series on MySpace titled Quarterlife, which "keep(s) with the intent of the New Vision Award," according to awards chair Chuck Fries, who said the series is "on the cutting edge of new-media content production and distribution."
The nominated producers are the teams of Paul Attanasio & Katie Jacobs and Silvio Horta & Salma Hayek as well as David Chase, Doug Ellin and Jon Stewart. Writer nominees are Bill Blinn, Lionel Chetwynd, Larry Gelbart, David Mamet and Shonda Rhimes.
Similar News ItemsShonda Rhimes
- How ‘Scandal’ Paved the Way for ABC’s Twitter-Based ‘#Tgit’ Marketing Strategy (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2014, 5:51 PM, PDT)
- Idris Elba Wants To Play James Bond, the Cast of D2: The Mighty Ducks Reunites, and More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 22 September 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Nyt Editor Responds to Backlash Over Shonda Rhimes Piece (From Popsugar. 22 September 2014, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest Buzz: 'John Wick' vs. 'Everly': Two Movies That Will Kick Your Ass (From Movies.com. 21 September 2014, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Joe Lynch talks about Fantastic Fest and his Salma Hayek film 'Everly' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 19 September 2014, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn Season 1 Blu-ray / DVD Release Details (From DailyDead. 16 September 2014, 8:51 AM, PDT)
Jon Stewart (I)
- 'The Daily Show' Gives Michael Che Over-the-Top Farewell After Three Months (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 September 2014, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart sings 'I Will Remember You' in 'tribute' to Michael Che’s 3-months at 'Daily Show' (From Hitfix. 19 September 2014, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- Hey Budweiser: On NFL, This Hypocrisy’s For You (From Variety - TV News. 18 September 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)