LaConte was one of the members of the team that this year earned Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' SciTech Awards for the development of the Rosetta process for creating digital YCM archival masters for digital film restoration. He starts at Post Logic midmonth as vp software engineering, arriving from Pacific Title and Art Studio, where he was vp and head of software development.
McMahan has returned to Post Logic after some 18 months at Technicolor. He brings more than two decades of experience in film mastering and telecine-based color correction and has done extensive work on digital intermediate projects.
McMahan's credits include DI color timing for A Plumm Summer and Walking Tall; feature mastering for The Prestige, The Devil Wears Prada and Bug; and remastering of Paramount library titles including Island in the Sky, The High and the Mighty and Sunset Blvd.
"This represents how important the talent in the room and the talent behind the curtain are," Post Logic CEO Larry Birstock said.
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- ‘Suburbicon’ First Look: Coen Brothers and George Clooney Reunite For A Very Dark Oscar Contender (From Indiewire. 25 July 2017, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘Deadpool,’ ‘Terminator Genisys’ Used Stolen Effects Technology, New Lawsuits Claim (From The Wrap. 24 July 2017, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Pamela Adlon joins the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 5:30 PM, PDT)
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Amy Schumer as ‘Barbie’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Bold Type’: 7 Ways This Fictional Teen Vogue Became the Summer’s Most Insightful Series About Young Women (From Indiewire. 19 July 2017, 5:17 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Bold Type’: 7 Ways This Fictional Teen Vogue Became the Summer’s Most Insightful Series About Young Women (From Indiewire Television. 19 July 2017, 5:17 PM, PDT)
Sunset Blvd. (1950)
- Hollywood Studios' First Gay Romantic Drama Back on the Big Screen (From Alt Film Guide. 24 June 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino and Cast Reflect on ‘Reservoir Dogs’ in 25th-Anniversary Tribeca Panel (From The Film Stage. 29 April 2017, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000’ Season 11: Behind the Scenes of the ‘Satellite of Love’ (From Variety - TV News. 30 March 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)