Paramount Vantage and Michael London's Groundswell Prods. will co-finance and produce the "The Marc Pease Experience" from writer-director Todd Louiso and screenwriter Jacob Koskoff. Jason Schwartzman has signed on to star, with Ben Stiller in negotiations for a co-starring role.
Vantage will distribute the project, which is scheduled to begin production in March in North Carolina.
Schwartzman is set to play Marc Pease, a man 10 years out of high school and still living in the past when he was the star in his high school's musicals. During the course of one day, as Pease's former teacher/mentor Mr. Gribble (Stiller) oversees the opening night of another show, Pease finally exorcises his demons and realizes there's more to life than Broadway artistry.
"The combined comedic talents of the cast, coupled with the wry sense of comedy that Todd is known for, is exactly the kind of film we hope to make a tradition here at Vantage," said Amy Israel, executive vp production and acquisitions.
Similar News ItemsBen Stiller
- Subhash K Jha: “Bewakoofiyaan is Frothy Fun But Thought-provoking” (From Bollyspice. 14 March 2014, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- House of Cards Potus Michel Gill on Obama and Season Two's Biggest Shocker (From Popsugar. 12 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- House of Cards Potus Michel Gill on Obama and Season Two's Biggest Shocker (From BuzzSugar. 12 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Wes Anderson: 10 Film Scenes To Admire (From Obsessed with Film. 15 March 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ is Built by Wes Anderson (From HollywoodChicago.com. 15 March 2014, 7:37 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review - The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 1:43 AM, PDT)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #108. Justin Kurzel’s Macbeth (From ioncinema. 19 February 2014, 6:15 AM, PST)
- Sunday Shorts: ‘The Fifteen Minute Hamlet’, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman (From SoundOnSight. 9 February 2014, 8:38 AM, PST)
- Production Begins on Macbeth with Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard & Paddy Considine (From HeyUGuys. 6 February 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)