Gorgeous actress Sharon Stone has finally admitted she's not a member of Mensa - to the genius organization's immense relief. Rumors have long persisted about the star's high IQ, but she told last month's Academy Award ceremony she has never joined the organization. Jim Blackmore, Mensa's national marketing director for America, says, "It's delightful to finally see Ms. Stone admit that she's not and never has been a member of our society. But then she goes on to say, 'I went to a Mensa school.' Not so." Blackmore is certain Stone didn't attend the school, because no such institution has existed since the early 1960s. He continues, "She may have been to a school for the gifted and talented, but Mensa did not run any schools, especially when she was a kid." But despite his annoyance with the persistent rumors, Blackmore admits Stone may be as clever as many like to think. He says, "My gut feeling is that she would definitely qualify. But that's just based on what we've been told by other individuals." Stone would not be the only Hollywood star in the club - actress Geena Davis is already a member.
Similar News ItemsSharon Stone (I)
- Sharon Stone's Rep Denies Italian Filmmakers' Claims Actress Was a Diva on Golden Boy Set (From E! Online. 22 September 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Sharon Stone Was Diva On Golden Boy Set, Made Outrageous Demands, Italian Filmmakers Claim (From Us Weekly. 20 September 2014, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Italian Filmmakers Claim Sharon Stone Was a Diva on Set: It "Bordered on Ridiculousness" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 September 2014, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Washington on TV: Political Comedies and Dramas That Flopped (From VH1.com. 21 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Cape Fear, Sopranos Actress Polly Bergen Has Died at 84 (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Cape Fear Actress Polly Bergen Has Died at 84 (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)