British actress Brenda Blethyn is planning to quit acting next year, so she can spend more time with her long term partner. The Oscar-nominated actress is keen to leave Hollywood behind and fulfill her ambition to tour the world in a camper van with boyfriend Michael Mayhew. Blethyn, 58 - currently shooting a new version of Pride And Prejudice - says, "I shocked myself yesterday by the realization of all the roles I've had. I've gone from one to another. So I thought, 'Why don't I retire?' What's wrong with that? It would be nice to read a book, to potter about." As for her financial situation, Blethyn adds, "I'm sensible with money and with what's left I am generous and a little bit frivolous. Economic stability is important to me. I don't borrow money. I can't bear to be in debt. As soon as I could, I paid off my mortgage."
Similar News ItemsPride & Prejudice (2005)
- Forecast: WB's 'Pan' Faces Stiff Competition and Low Expectations (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 8 October 2015, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Knightley Keen To Show She's Brainy (From WENN. 2 August 2008, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Wright Calls Off Wedding To Pike (From WENN. 18 June 2008, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- The 25 Best Films Directed By Women of the 21st Century, From ‘Lost in Translation’ to ‘Persepolis’ (From Indiewire. 26 May 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Despicable Me 3,’ Pixar’s ‘Coco,’ ‘The Big Bad Fox’ to Bow at France’s 2017 Annecy Animation Festival (From Variety - Film News. 24 April 2017, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- Always in Style – The Forgotten Roles of Michael Caine (From HeyUGuys. 5 April 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)