2 items from 2016
Goteborg– Swedish producer Tomas Eskilsson has since 1992 headed up Swedish regional film centre, Film Väst, in Trollhättan, one of Europe’s best-know regional film hubs.
He has masterminded the co-production of 450 features; this year he ranks No. 2 on the Göteborg International Film Festival’s list of the most powerful people in the Swedish film industry (No 1 is head of the Swedish Film Institute, Anna Serner).
This comes after one of the most successful year openings he has had. In 2015, Film Väst films won 14 Guldbagga awards – Sweden’s national film prize; one film sold more than 1.6 million domestic tickets, Swedish director Felix Herngren’s “The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.” It was nominated for an Oscar (Love Larson and Eva von Bahr’s make-up and hairstyling). Recently, another, a film from another Swedish director ,Hannes Holm’s ”A Man Called Ove,” broke through the one-million-admissions mark in »
- Jorn Rossing Jensen
It’s become a great breaking in the new year traditional here at Ioncinema.com. We begin our countdown to the our most anticipated foreign films (anything outside the U.S.) with our own Nicholas Bell curating the best bets for 2016. Here are the titles and filmmakers that didn’t make our final Top 100 cut, but are nonetheless “radar” worthy.
101. El Rey del Once – Daniel Burman
102. The Dancer – Stephanie Di Giusto
104. While the Women are Sleeping – Wayne Wang
106. Spring Again – Gael Morel
108. Le Garcon – Philippe Lioret *
109. Marie and the Misfits – Sebastien Betbeder
110. Le Caravage – Alain Chevalier
111. Night Song – Raphael Nadjari
112. Réparer les vivants – Katell Quillevere *
114. Afterimages – Andrzej Wajda
115. Don’t Knock Twice – Caradog James
117. The Bride of Rip Van Winkle – Shunji Iwai
118. Three on the Road – Johnnie To
119. Le Vin et le Vent »
- Eric Lavallee
2 items from 2016
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners