2 items from 2015
The People's Strictly for Comic Relief has announced which professional dancers will be taking part in the show.
The news comes after the BBC unveiled the six people who will be taking part in the show as a reward for their "tireless and selfless work which has helped change so many lives for the better".
They are Phillip Barnett, Trishna Bharadia, Anna Kennedy OBE, Cassidy Little, Heather Parsons and Michael Pattie - although details of which pro will be paired with which contestant have not yet been revealed.
The pros will take their partner behind the scenes on Strictly Come Dancing and immerse them "in the full showbiz experience" before five weeks of dance training to help them prepare to take to the famous Strictly dance floor. »
The four-part series, which will air in the lead-up to Red Nose Day on Friday, March 13, selected the six individuals for their "tireless and selfless work which has helped change so many lives for the better".
The contestants who will perform in the ballroom include:
- Phillip Barnett, who has raised more than £2 million after founding a children's theatre charity 20 years ago;
- Trishna Bharadia, who as an Ms sufferer has worked to raise awareness around the condition;
- Anna Kennedy OBE, who set up the UK's largest school for autism;
- Cassidy Little, who lost the lower half of his leg in an explosion while serving as a medic in Afghanistan and has helped his colleagues through rehab;
- Heather Parsons, who set up a charity to support intensive care patients »
2 items from 2015
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners