1-20 of 162 items from 2015 « Prev | Next »
After the news that a film based on those Emoji ‘things’ was in the works from the guys over at Sony, it has now been revealed that Envision Media Arts are planning a Pez movie. Remember Pez, the sweeties with the flippy top with a different character on the end that dispensed said oblong-shaped candy through its mouth? Yep.
There’s no understanding if the film will be live-action or animated, but we’re guessing the latter.
Pez candy is beloved by children and adults alike. With Cameron Fay we’ve created a world unique to Pez and a story that will touch the hearts of many.
- Paul Heath
Kurt Russell, Matthew Fox, and more star in the horror Western Bone Tomahawk, the closing film of Fantastic Fest 2015. Karyn Kusama's The Invitation is also included in the first wave of programming for the Austin-based festival that kicks off September 24th.
Press Release: "Austin, TX - Thursday, July 30, 2015 - Fantastic Fest announces the first wave programming lineup for its 11th annual celebration of exciting genre-bending films, including the World Premiere of Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell and Matthew Fox in attendance, a retrospective of Turkish Genre Cinema, and a special Mondo Gallery event and programming series curated by filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn to celebrate the release of his new book Nicolas Winding Refn: The Act of Seeing, which profiles Refn's collection of vintage exploitation-era American movie posters. "We're very excited about this year's mix of premieres, unique events and a retrospective theme unlike any other featuring audacious and »
- Derek Anderson
In the multi-generational drama Hall will play Rory, a talented photographer who, at 42, isn.t where he wants to be, lacking a home, a girlfriend and a successful career.
He meets 29-year-old Ryan (Castle-Hughes), the eldest of three siblings who had led a selfish life until she discovers a talent for cooking. Ryan recognises Rory.s talent and hard work and encourages him to let go, allowing unexpected things to happen.
It.s the debut feature from The Film Bakery, produced by cinematographer/producer Ben Allan. Chong, a commercials and documentary director, started writing the screenplay five years ago. »
- Don Groves
Production continues on the next Star Trek movie adventure, Star Trek Beyond, which is currently shooting. The film reunites the core cast of Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin. Justin Lin - best known for helming four Fast & Furious movies - is directing, and Simon Pegg and Doug Jung have penned the screenplay.
The main new casting addition this time around has been Idris Elba, who's playing the movie's villain. But now we learn too that martial arts actor Joe Taslim has also signed on the dotted line. He previously worked with Justin Lin on Fast & Furious 6, and also featured in The Raid. His role is said to be a "key part opposite Elba", although we know no more than that right now. »
You likely saw him as Jaka in The Raid, or maybe putting the hurt on our heroes as one of Luke Evans’ henchmen in Fast & Furious 6. Now Joe Taslim is headed somewhere very different, joining the cast of Star Trek Beyond. With pretty much everything about the film – beyond the presence of the Enterprise crew veterans including Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin, plus new franchise faces Idris Elba and Sofia Boutella – still being kept behind a protective shield, The Hollywood Reporter offers no real details about what Taslim will be up to in the film. But the trade mag does indicate that he has a key role opposite Elba, who will be the film’s big threat. So we’d expect Kirk and co. to have some trouble with him...With a script by Pegg and Doug Jung and »
The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that The Raid and Fast & Furious 6’s Joe Taslim is to reunite with director Justin Lin on the currently in production Star Trek Beyond. Character details are being kept under wraps, but Taslim’s role is being described as “a key part” opposite Idris Elba’s villain.
See Also: New alien revealed in Star Trek Beyond Omaze video
Star Trek Beyond is set for release on July 8th 2016, with Justin Lin (Fast & Furious 6) directing a cast that includes returning stars Chris Pine as James Kirk, Zachary Quinto as Spock, Simon Pegg as Scotty, Zoë Saldana as Uhura, Karl Urban as Bones, John Cho as Sulu and Anton Yelchin as Chekov and new additions Idris Elba (Luther), Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: The Secret Service) and Joe Taslim (The Raid).
- Gary Collinson
The Raid: Redemption and Fast & Furious 6 star Joe Taslim is moving from the action movie genre to sci-fi, signing on for a role in Star Trek Beyond. Heat Vision Blog doesn't have any details about his character, except that it is a "key part" opposite Idris Elba, who plays a villain. The project reunites the actor with filmmaker Justin Lin, who directed him in Fast & Furious 6.
Aside from Idris Elba and Joe Taslim, Sofia Boutella is the only other new cast member confirmed for Star Trek Beyond. Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness stars Chris Pine (Captain Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Spock), Zoe Saldana (Uhura), Karl Urban (Bones), Simon Pegg (Scotty), Anton Yelchin (Chekov) and John Cho (Sulu) all reprise their roles in the sci-fi sequel. The plot centers on the U.S.S. Enterprise crew starting their five-year mission, with director Justin Lin teasing last month that »
For all of the talk of Star Trek Beyond placing the spotlight on frontierism and adventure – tenets considered to be fundamental to the franchise’s DNA – Paramount has no intention of chucking the baby out with the bath water, after it confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that The Raid and Fast and Furious 6 star Joe Taslim will join the ranks for Justin Lin’s upcoming sequel.
While details of Taslim’s role are scarce on the ground, THR notes that it is a “a key part opposite [Idris] Elba, who plays a villain.” Either way, given his action credentials, the addition of the Chinese-Indonesian actor can only bolster Beyond‘s line-up, and we’re excited to see how he fits into Justin Lin’s anticipated threequel.
- Michael Briers
The third film in the rebooted "Star Trek" film franchise, Taslim's role is said to be a key part playing opposite the film's main villain Idris Elba. It's a familiar position for Taslim who was in the same position opposite Luke Evans in the Lin-directed "Fast and Furious 6".
Currently in production in Vancouver, the film sees the return of main cast members Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho alongside first timer Sofia Boutella.
The film is set to get a July 8th 2016 release date.
Source: Heat Vision »
- Garth Franklin
Last week, the cast of Star Trek Beyond appeared in a set video to announce their Omaze contest, where one lucky fan will win a walk-on role in the sci-fi sequel. While that lucky winner will be announced at a later date, the contest is also selecting weekly winners to become honorary "crew members," the first of which has already been chosen. To kick off the campaign's second week, stars Simon Pegg (Scotty) and his "son" Anton Yelchin (Chekov) appear in another Omaze video, where they announce the first honorary crew member, and give fans a glimpse at one of the new alien masks that will be used in the film, along with a few props.
Nothing was revealed about this alien mask or any of the other futuristic props seen in this latest sneak peek, but there will surely be more opportunities to catch a few glimpses from the set in weeks to come. »
In an unprecedented event, the cast of the Star Trek film franchise has created a unique philanthropic initiative in partnership with Omaze. The Star Trek: To Boldly Go campaign will support the cast’s personal selection of nine global causes, which will each receive equal portions of the funds raised when fans enter for a chance to win a walk-on role in director Justin Lin’s Star Trek Beyond, the third film in the blockbuster franchise, which will be released on July 8, 2016. The campaign runs from 12:01 a.m. Pst on July 14, 2015 until 11:59 p.m. Pst September 1, 2015.
To coincide with the campaign’s launch, cast members John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoë Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and Idris Elba recorded a special video message on the iconic Starship Enterprise bridge set. The video, seen above, kicked off production and features the cast inviting fans to »
- Mike Tyrkus
As the hit fantasy series Xena: Warrior Princess nears its 20th Anniversary later this year, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that NBC and NBCUniversal are in the early stages of developing a reboot of the beloved fantasy series. The show is being eyed for a 2016 debut, with original executive producers Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert involved in the project, which is being described as a "modern reboot." Original series star Lucy Lawless is being eyed for a role on screen, as well as behind-the-scenes, possibly as a producer.
It isn't known at this time if the network is eyeing the show for a 13-episode limited series run, or if it would get a full 22-episode season. Insiders say that NBC hopes to turn this into an ongoing series that could potentially run for several seasons. Sources claim that the network want the new Xena to have the "charisma and charm of »
Lucy Lawless expressed interest in the idea at Comic Con last week, and today comes word that NBC Universal International is exploring a reboot of beloved action-adventure series "Xena: Warrior Princess" says THR.
Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, who created and served as executive producers on the original show, are reportedly said to be currently searching for a writer for the project which is in extremely early development stages and is being dubbed a "modern reboot".
It's unclear what role original star Lawless would have in the project though its indicated she's being sought for both on and offscreen roles in the new series. The plan is for a "sophisticated and smart superhero for a new generation" and will likely be an ongoing series as opposed to an event series revival (ala "The X-Files," "24") with the first season to premiere next year.
Beginning life as a spin-off to "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, »
- Garth Franklin
In March, we said that beautiful man Idris Elba would likely be joining the cast of Star Trek Beyond. Now it's official! Cast members Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, and John Cho star in a video telling viewers they could win a walk-on role in the next Star Trek if they support the cast's charity initiative. Popping in at the end is none other than Idris Elba, who celebrated the appearance by break-dancing (well, sort of). Then he, Chris Pine, and John Cho had a handsome-off for our hearts. »
- E. Alex Jung
In the video, Elba appears with his co-stars from the film, as they explain how Star Trek fans can win a walk-on role in Beyond by donating to charity. It’s all for a campaign entitled Star Trek: To Boldly Go, which benefits nine global causes, including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Camp Sunshine. The organizations were chosen entirely by the film’s cast.
- Justin Cook
In an unprecedented event, the cast of the Star Trek film franchise has created a unique philanthropic initiative in partnership with Omaze. The Star Trek: To Boldly Go campaign will support the cast's personal selection of nine global causes, which will each receive equal portions of the funds raised when fans enter for a chance to win a walk-on role in director Justin Lin's Star Trek Beyond, the third film in the blockbuster franchise, released on July 8, 2016. The campaign runs from 12:01 a.m. Pst on July 14th until 11:59 p.m. Pst September 1st.
To coincide with the campaign's launch, cast members John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and Idris Elba recorded a special video message on the iconic Starship Enterprise bridge set. The video, released today, kicked off production and features the cast inviting fans to make franchise history »
The actor joins the crew on the Enterprise set halfway through the announcement, which reveals that one lucky fan will win a walk-on role in the latest "Star Trek" movie if they donate to the worthy "Star Trek: To Boldly Go" initiative.
Watch: Leonard Nimoy’s Death: MovieMantz Remembers An Icon
"Idris, glad you ...
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. »
- email@example.com (Access Hollywood)
Guess it's official! Idria Elba has confirmed reports that he's starring in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond movie by appearing in a charity video with Star Trek co-stars Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and John Cho. The video tells fans about a new charity initiative that will benefit organizations like Make s Wish, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Kids Can, Direct Relief and more. "We're offering one lucky fan and a friend the chance to win a walk-on role in the next Star Trek," the cast says in the clip. "It's all part of Star Trek: To Boldly Go, a new philanthropic initiative in partnership with »
Any interest in scoring a walk-on role in Star Trek Beyond? The cast just kicked off the "Star Trek: To Boldly Go" campaign with Omaze to support nine global causes and give one lucky fan the opportunity to visit the set and appear in the film. In honor of the commencement of the initiative, John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoë Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and Idris Elba put together a pretty impressive video on the Starship Enterprise bridge set breaking down the details of the campaign. "Star Trek: To Boldly Go" runs from 12:01 a.m. Pst on July 14th until 11:59 p.m. Pst on September 1st. Click here to check it out and donate. Every person who contributes $10 using the fundraising platform is entered for a chance to win the "ultimate fan experience," which consists of the following: Fly to Vancouver and stay in a 4-star hotel. »
- Perri Nemiroff
In an unprecedented event, the cast of the Star Trek film franchise has created a unique philanthropic initiative in partnership with Omaze. The Star Trek: To Boldly Go campaign will support the cast’s personal selection of nine global causes, which will each receive equal portions of the funds raised when fans enter for a chance to win a walk-on role in director Justin Lin’s Star Trek Beyond, the third film in the blockbuster franchise, released on July 8, 2016. The campaign runs from 12:01 a.m. Pst on July 14th until 11:59 p.m. Pst September 1st. To coincide with the campaign’s launch, cast members John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoë Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and Idris Elba recorded a special video message on the iconic Starship Enterprise bridge set. The video, released today, kicked off production and features the cast inviting fans to make »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom White)
1-20 of 162 items from 2015 « Prev | Next »
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners