3 items from 2011
Paris Hilton sparked speculation she's set to marry boyfriend Cy Waits after the couple went shopping at a luxury jewellery shop in New York City.
The loved-up pair visited Jacob & Co. on Friday - a day after the heiress turned 30 - to check out engagement rings, according to People.com.
A source tells the website, "They shopped for engagement rings They were really cute together. Paris was making comments about the rings and joking that her ring has to be at least 24 carats."
Hilton, who began dating Waits last summer, didn't walk out with an engagement ring on her finger but she did leave with a very special birthday present.
The source adds, "She walked out sporting a $25,000 white gold and black diamond encrusted ring."
The socialite has previously been engaged to model Jason Shaw and Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis. »
The bubbly blonde was born into the famous family in 1981 and has turned heads since she was old enough to walk the red carpet.
Model, actress, singer, author, fashion designer and entrepreneur, Hilton has tried more things in her 30 years than most people could cram into a lifetime.
To help Paris and her fans celebrate her big day, WENN has compiled 10 fascinating facts about the star:
- She attended the same New York convent school as Lady Gaga.
- Hilton's had a colourful love life - she has previously been engaged to model Jason Shaw and Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis and dated singer Nick Carter, Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden and The Hills star Doug Reinhardt. She's currently in a relationship with nightclub owner Cy Waits, who bought her a yellow Lexus as a 30th birthday gift.
- The star was honoured in 2009 for her love of animals - she was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Contribution to Animal Welfare after she gave a generous donation to the Humane Society. Hilton owns several pets, including many Chihuahuas.
- She turned down the chance to take to the stage in a production of Chicago on London's West End - because the play's gruelling rehearsals didn't fit in with her busy globetrotting schedule.
- Hilton served 23 days of a 45-day jail sentence in June 2007 for violating probation on a 2006 drink-driving charge.
- The blonde beauty has appeared in several films - her role in House of Wax won her the 2005 Razzie for Worst Supporting Actress at the 2005 Golden Raspberry Awards.
- Her debut single, Stars Are Blind, topped the U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs chart in 2006. It also reached number one in Hungary and Slovakia.
- She showed off her comedy skills in 2008 by filming a 'Paris For President' spoof campaign ad for Will Ferrell's FunnyorDie.com website.
- In 2007 Hilton posed covered only in gold paint to promote Rich Prosecco, a canned version of an Italian sparkling wine.
- Paris will appear on The Late Show with David Letterman on her birthday. »
Paris Hilton would "love" to get married and have a baby in the next year. The socialite, who turns 30 next month, says approaching the milestone age is "scary" but makes her feel more ready than ever to settle down and start a family.
"Yeah definitely!" said Paris, who has been dating Las Vegas club mogul Cy Waits for almost a year, when asked whether she wanted to start making such changes in her life. "I'd love that."
Though Paris admits it is "scary" to reach 30, she is throwing her energy into organizing birthday celebrations. She said, "We're planning a lot of big parties around it. I'm so excited!"
Paris, who was engaged to Jason Shaw in 2002 and then to Paris Latsis in 2005, also said she couldn't "keep track" of "rumors going around" that she is already planning to marry Cy.
This time last year, Paris said she wanted to get »
3 items from 2011
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners