News

TV News Roundup: Xfinity TV to Offer Past Seasons of ‘Game of Thrones’ Ahead of Season 7

TV News Roundup: Xfinity TV to Offer Past Seasons of ‘Game of Thrones’ Ahead of Season 7
In today’s roundup, Xfinity will help subscribers to catch up on “Game of Thrones,” and Fuse Media has hired Patrick Courtney.

Programming

Comcast’s Xfinity is partnering with HBO to provide Xfinity TV customers access to all previous seasons of “Game of Thrones” via Xfinity On Demand leading up to the Season 7 premiere on July 16. Between Monday, July 10 and Saturday, July 16, anyone who has access to an Xfinity TV subscription can watch “Game of Thrones” without an HBO subscription. Users can also access HBO via the Stream app, Stream web portal, and Xfinity X1.

Cable News

Scott McLean has joined CNN‘s Denver bureau as a correspondent. McLean previously worked in Washington, D.C. as a correspondent for CNN Newsource. Before joining CNN Newsource, he was a reporter and anchor at CTV News in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, researching and presenting original and investigative stories for broadcast and online, including investigations of the Calgary Police.

Executive
See full article at Variety - TV News »

Louis Vuitton goes to court over 'Lewis Vuitton' bag in The Hangover II

Warner Bros representatives look to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers case to defend film's fake Vuitton brand

Studio Warner Bros has already been forced to settle with a tattoo artist who said comedy blockbuster The Hangover Part II stole his design, along with a stuntman who claimed he suffered brain trauma during a stunt gone wrong. Now it has gone to court to fend off claims from the fashion house Louis Vuitton that the sequel to Todd Phillips's 2009 sleeper hit, about a group of friends who travel to Thailand for a highly eventful stag do, created consumer confusion by depicting a counterfeit handbag branded a "Lewis Vuitton".

Warner representatives last week told a New York federal court that its use of a fake bag made by the Chinese-American company Diophy, which Louis Vuitton is also suing, was justified by a 1989 Us court decision in which Hollywood star Ginger Rogers
See full article at The Guardian - Film News »

What's Up With All Those Hangover II Headaches?

What's Up With All Those Hangover II Headaches?
The Wolfpack are in the clear—and this time it wasn't for gambling, drinking or stealing a tiger. Warner Bros. has resolved separate lawsuits filed against it in recent months over its hit sequel, The Hangover Part II: the first filed by a stuntman left with severe brain trauma after being injured on set; and the second brought by a guy who claimed the filmmakers stole his life story to use as the basis for the blockbuster's plot. According to the Hollywood Reporter, court records reveal that both parties voluntarily dismissed their complaints, though it's unclear whether they had reached a private settlement with the studio. In stunt performer Scott McLean's case, Warner had previously...
See full article at E! Online »

The Hangover Part II Copyright Lawsuit Dropped

  • WENN
The Hangover Part II Copyright Lawsuit Dropped
A California man has withdrawn his lawsuit against the studio bosses behind The Hangover Part II - just two months after alleging the hit comedy was based on his own experiences.

Michael Alan Rubin turned the events of his hellish honeymoon in Asia into a script entitled Mickey and Kirin, and he took action against the project's officials in October for reportedly infringing on his copyright by basing The Hangover sequel on his work.

But now Rubin has voluntarily dismissed the suit, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

As WENN went to press, it was not yet known if the two parties had reached a private settlement.

This marks the latest legal triumph for The Hangover Part II bosses - Ed Helms' acting double, Scott McLean, also recently dropped his lawsuit against studio executives after claiming he suffered significant brain trauma on set during a stunt gone wrong.

Bradley Cooper and Zach Galifianakis also star in the hit franchise.

Two more 'Hangover Part II' lawsuits dropped

Two more 'Hangover Part II' lawsuits dropped
Two lawsuits against Warner Bros. involving this summer’s raunchy blockbuster The Hangover Part II have been dropped. Michael Alan Rubin, a writer who claimed in October that the film was based on his autobiographical screenplay, Mickey and Kirin, has dropped his litigation. Likewise Scott McLean, who performed stunts for Ed Helms, is no longer seeking damages for an injury he suffered during a car collision on set. According to court records, both Rubin and McLean dismissed their lawsuits voluntarily. That makes three Hangover II lawsuits that have been resolved this year, the first of which was over the Mike Tyson
See full article at EW.com - Inside Movies »

Megyn Kelly Challenges Guest Suggesting Perry Campaign Was Behind Anti-Romney ‘Cult’ Comment

On Friday, Robert Jeffress, a Rick Perry supporter and senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Dallas, Tex., told reporters that he considers Mormonism a theological “cult.". This came after he introduced Perry to the assembled crowd at the Value Voters Summit. At least one person now thinks that Rick Perry's camp orchestrated the comments. Scott McLean, a political scientist at Quinnipiac University, told FoxNews.com's Stephen Clark that it makes perfect sense to him:
See full article at Mediaite - TV »

The Hangover Part 2 Stuntman Sues Over Crash

  • WENN
The Hangover Part 2 Stuntman Sues Over Crash
Ed Helms' stunt double in The Hangover sequel is suing the movie executives behind the film after he was injured in a stunt gone wrong.

Scott McLean has filed suit in Los Angeles after his representatives told The Hollywood Reporter he suffered "likely permanent brain and physical injuries", including ongoing seizures, speech impediments, physical impediments, and brain trauma as a result of a stunt co-ordinator's mistake on the set in Thailand.

In the documents, obtained by TMZ.com, McLean reveals he was participating in a high-speed car stunt when a stuntman lost control of another vehicle and the two motors collided.

He claims the stunt co-ordinator changed the timing of the scene, which led to the accident.

A representative for movie studio Warner Bros. tells TMZ.com, "We were shocked and saddened by this accident and have been working closely with Scott and his family throughout his treatment and recovery.

"We have offered continual support since the accident occurred and we are working together to try and resolve any outstanding issues."

Ed Helms' Hangover Part II Stunt Double Suing Warner Bros.

Yet another lawsuit is being filed against Warner Bros. on behalf of Todd Phillips. lucrative Hangover sequel. Instead of facial tattoos, this one pertains to brain injuries sustained by a stunt double during one of the film.s automobile chase sequences. Scott McLean was standing in for Ed Helms while Phillips filmed in Bangkok, Thailand for a scene that required the stunt double to hang out of a window, The Hollywood Reporter writes. Perhaps it's the scene where Helms. character is attempting to pull the drug-peddling monkey back into a speeding car? Either way, a production source tells the trade that the car McLean was riding in collided with a car heading in the opposite direction, and the stunt man is claiming that a miscommunication led to the accident. The plaintiff says the film.s stunt coordinator, co-defendant Russell Solberg, ordered the driver of McLean.s car to speed up
See full article at Cinema Blend »

Warner Bros. Sued By Hangover 2 Stuntman

Los Angeles, California (X17online) -- Warner Bros. is being sued by a stuntman who worked on the Thailand set of The Hangover: Part II. Scott McLean says he was acting as a stunt double for Ed Helms during a sequence filmed in December in which cars were traveling at high speeds. He was a passenger when and leaning out of the window when the car driving towards McLean's car hit it. McLean says he was left with brain injuries. According to the complaint, filed in California federal court on Tuesday, the film's stunt coordinator, co-defendant Russell Solberg, changed the timing on the stunt sequence: "Solberg commanded to the driver of the automobile in which plaintiff Scott McLean was a passenger, that the speed of his vehicle be increased significantly to a speed unsafe for the stunt, thus resulting in a major collision." McLean was reportedly airlifted from Thailand to Australia,
See full article at x17online »

'Hangover 2' Stunt Double Sues Warner Over Alleged Brain Damage

  • The Wrap
'Hangover 2' Stunt Double Sues Warner Over Alleged Brain Damage
A stunt double who worked on the set of "The Hangover Part 2" is suing Warner Bros., claiming that he incurred brain damage while filming the comedy -- and no, it wasn't incurred from drinking massive amounts of booze. In a lawsuit filed in California's Central District Court, Scott McLean, who served as Ed Helms' stunt double in the hit Todd Phillips-directed sequel, claims that he was seriously injured while performing a stunt for the film in December 2010 in Thailand. McLean, who was riding as a passenger in a car during
See full article at The Wrap »

Stuntman sues Warner Bros. over 'Hangover Part II' accident

A stunt double for Ed Helms in The Hangover Part II has filed a lawsuit against Warner Bros. claiming a car crash on the Bangkok set of that movie has left him permanently disabled.

According to the claim, filed yesterday in California federal court, the scene in question was being shot by the film’s second unit director, Brian Smerz — who was also named in the lawsuit, along with stunt coordinator Russell Solberg.

Stuntman Scott McLean was riding as a passenger in the vehicle when a crash occurred, resulting in “likely permanent brain and physical injuries,” according to the lawsuit.
See full article at EW.com - Inside Movies »

Injured Stuntman Sues Hangover 2 Crew Over Bangkok Accident

Injured Stuntman Sues Hangover 2 Crew Over Bangkok Accident
A stuntman left with severe brain injuries after a stunt-gone-wrong during the production of The Hangover Part II last December is suing distributor Warner Bros. for negligence and failing to ensure his safety. So just what happened? Per the lawsuit filed in California on Tuesday, a copy of which was obtained by the Hollywood Reporter, plaintiff Scott McLean had been serving as a stunt double during a high-speed car chase through the streets of Bangkok when the truck he was riding in was hit by another vehicle during second-unit filming. McLean was taken to a local hospital where he slipped into a brief coma. Not long after the mishap, he was airlifted to a hospital in Australia where he is said to be...
See full article at E! Online »

Ed Helms' Stunt Double Sues -- Claims 'Hangover' Accident Caused Brain Injuries

  • TMZ
The man who was Ed Helms ' stunt double in " The Hangover 2 " is suing Warner Bros -- claiming he was badly injured during a high speed stunt-gone-wrong for the movie last year in Bangkok, Thailand. The stunt man -- Scott McLean -- filed a lawsuit in California federal court on Tuesday ... claiming he was participating in a stunt where he had to lean out of the window of a moving truck ... when something went terribly wrong.
See full article at TMZ »

Warner Bros. Sued Over 'Hangover 2' Stunt

  • Moviefone
Filed under: Movie News

Scott McLean, a stunt double for 'Hangover 2,' is suing Warner Bros. for unspecified damages after he was seriously injured in a major car collision on set, while sitting in for actor Ed Helms.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film's stunt coordinator "commanded to the driver of the automobile, in which plaintiff Scott McLean was a passenger, that the speed of his vehicle be increased significantly to a speed unsafe for the stunt, thus resulting in a major collision."

Continue Reading
See full article at Moviefone »

Warner Bros. sued over The Hangover 2 stunt-gone-wrong - left man with brain damage

Warner Bros has been slapped with a lawsuit over an alleged stunt going bad on the Bangkok, Thailand set which left a man with significant brain injuries, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Scott McLean alleges that he was acting as Ed Helms' stunt double for a sequence shot on December 17th last year where automobiles were traveling at high speeds and McLean was a passenger in one of those cars. A production source had told The Hollywood Reporter in December that McLean was in a moving truck and leaning out the window when at that point, a car traveling towards it, skidded and hit. The complaint which was filed on Tuesday in California federal court said that the scene required "precision and timing"...
See full article at Upcoming-Movies.com »

Warner Bros. sued over The Hangover 2 stunt-gone-wrong - left man with brain damage

Warner Bros has been slapped with a lawsuit over an alleged stunt going bad on the Bangkok, Thailand set which left a man with significant brain injuries, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Scott McLean alleges that he was acting as Ed Helms' stunt double for a sequence shot on December 17th last year where automobiles were traveling at high speeds and McLean was a passenger in one of those cars. A production source had told The Hollywood Reporter in December that McLean was in a moving truck and leaning out the window when at that point, a car traveling towards it, skidded and hit. The complaint which was filed on Tuesday in California federal court said that the scene required "precision and timing"...
See full article at Upcoming-Movies.com »

Hangover 2 Stuntman Shows Recovery On TV

  • WENN
Hangover 2 Stuntman Shows Recovery On TV
A stuntman critically injured while filming The Hangover Part II in December is set to return to work after making a remarkable recovery.

Scott McLean received treatment for a severe brain injury and was placed in a medically-induced coma after a driving stunt went wrong while he was acting as funnyman Ed Helms' stunt double in Thailand.

The action man was left fighting for his life in hospital but he has since stunned doctors with his speedy return to health.

Appearing on Australian TV show 60 Minutes on Monday, McLean showed his progress seven months after the crash - his speech is slowly retuning and he can also walk and run short distances.

Now McLean, whose film credits also include The Matrix and Ghost Rider, hopes to become a Hollywood stunt co-ordinator.

He says, "I want to get back to work as soon as I can."

Injured Hangover Stuntman's Family Fuming Over Film's Trailer

  • WENN
Injured Hangover Stuntman's Family Fuming Over Film's Trailer
The family of a stuntman injured while filming The Hangover: Part II have blasted the movie's bosses for allegedly allowing footage of the scene to be used in the film's trailer.

Australian Scott McLean, whose film credits include The Matrix and Ghost Rider, was shooting a daring road stunt in Thailand as a body double for actor Ed Helms in December when a truck and a car collided.

He received treatment for a severe brain injury and was later moved to a hospital in Bangkok, where he was reportedly placed in a medically-induced coma.

McLean is still recovering from the accident at a hospital in Sydney and his family has been left furious after the scene which left him fighting for his life was included in the promo footage.

His sister-in-law Michelle McLean tells Australian publication The Sun-Herald, "To have that scene used in the preview is a real kick in the face to all those who know Scott.

"It is sickening to watch, as we all know what happens next."

Injured The Hangover Stuntman Transferred To Australian Hospital

  • WENN
Injured The Hangover Stuntman Transferred To Australian Hospital
A stuntman injured on the set of The Hangover sequel has been transferred to a hospital in his native Australia, two months after the movie accident in Thailand.

Action star Scott McLean, whose film credits include The Matrix and Ghost Rider, was shooting a daring road stunt as a body double for actor Ed Helms on 17 December when a truck and a car collided.

He was taken to a local medical centre to receive treatment for a severe brain injury and later moved to a hospital in Bangkok, where he was reportedly placed in a medically-induced coma.

McLean's progress has been slow, but he was recently transported to a hospital in Sydney, where his friends and family have been keeping a bedside vigil.

His partner, Raelene Chapman, reveals McLean, 40, is conscious and he was able to smile for the first time since the accident last week.

She tells The Hollywood Reporter, "One of his friends walked in the room, and his eyes lit up. And there was that infectious smile for the first time. It was the best thing I've ever seen."

However, the longterm effects of the horrific accident won't be known for months - and Chapman and the McLean family are just hoping for the best.

She says, "Great things can come. We've just got to hope he's one of those miracle stories."

Bosses at Warner Bros., the studio behind The Hangover movie, have covered all medical and transportation costs as the stuntman continues to receive advanced care.

'Hangover' stuntman 'getting advanced care'

The stuntman injured on the set of The Hangover 2 is said to be receiving "advanced care" for his injuries. Scott McLean was hospitalised on December 17 after a reported high speed car crash mishap and was placed into an induced coma. The Daily Star reports that a spokesman for Warner Bros - the film's production studio - has since released a statement confirming the incident. "There was an accident involving a truck and a car on the second unit set of The Hangover (more)
See full article at Digital Spy - Movie News »
loading
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Credited With | External Sites