- (November 2002) : Plays John Pace Seavering in "The Violet Hour" play by Richard Greenberg (South Coast Repertory, Costa Mesa, California, USA).
- (June 2007) Stars as Hamlet in Shakespeare's Hamlet at South Coast Repertory in Costa Mesa, California and has gotten rave reviews.
- (October 27, 2011 - May 6, 2012) "Seminar" written by Theresa Rebeck; Directed by Sam Gold; original music by John Gromada; with Alan Rickman (as Leonard); Hamish Linklater (as Martin); Jerry O'Connell (as Douglas); Hettienne Park (as Izzy); and Lily Rabe & Zoe Lister-Jones (as Zoe Lister-Jones) (as Kate); on Broadway at the John Golden Theatre in Manhattan, New York City, New York for 216 performances (including 25 previews beginning October 27, 2011).
- (May 2013) Preview performances begin in Shakespeare's 'The Comedy of Errors' at New York City's Delacorte Theater in Central Park. He co-stars as Antipholus with Jesse Tyler Ferguson playing Dromio; directed by Daniel Sullivan. Both actors also played there in another Shakespearean play, 'The Winter's Tale', in 2010.
- (July 2015 - August 2015) Posthumus and Clotin in Shakespeare in the Park's production of Cymbeline (Central Park)
- (2014-2015 Season) His play, "The Vandal," was performed at the Steep Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois with Kendra Thulin and Jack Miggins in the cast.
- (January 3 to February 3, 1996) He played Tom Sawyer and Buck Grangerford in Mark Twain's novel, "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," at the Actors Theatre of Louisville (Mainstage) in Louisville, Kentucky with Leo Marks (Huckleberry Finn); Bernard Addison (Jim); Jennifer Hubbard (Miss Watson, Mrs. Grangerford, Aunt Polly, Ensemble); Adale O'Brien (Widow Douglass, Mrs. Loftus, Aunt Sally); Libby Christophersen (Joe, Sophia Grangerford, Mary Jane Wilkes, Ensemble); Deborah Elz (Ben, Joanna Wiles, Ensemble); Master Trapper Michael (Tommy, Bob Grangerford, Boy Fishing, Ensemble); Bob Burrus (Pap Finn, "The King"); Mark Sawyer-Dailey (Lafe, Fool, Doctor, Ensemble); Fred Major (Frank, Dr. Robinson, Hired Hand, Ensemble); Gavin C. Whitsett (Bill, Hired Hand, Ensemble); William McNulty (Colonel Grangerford, "The Duke"); Milton Carney (Judge Thatcher, The Judge, Uncle Silas, Ensemble) and Phillip Cherry (Professor Ingram, Ensemble) in the cast. Randal Myler was adapter and director.