13 items from 2014
The Independent Film and Television Alliance (Ifta) has announced the results of its annual elections, selecting the new executive committee and board of directors.
Ifta represents more than 145 member companies from 21 countries and organizes the American Film Market which takes place every year in November in Santa Monica.
“The newly elected board and executive committee members are an exceptionally talented group,” said Ifta chairman Paul Hertzberg. “Their experience and perspective will add immeasurably to our deliberations on key issues affecting the industry and Independent sector. We welcome them warmly and look forward to working with them over the next two years.”
The 2014-2016 executive committee will be headed by Hertzberg (CineTel Films) and includes members: Nicolas Chartier (Voltage Pictures), Clay Epstein (Arclight Films) Brian O’Shea (The Exchange) and Michael Ryan (Gfm Films). Continuing for the second year of their terms are Kirk D’Amico (Myriad Pictures) and Lise Romanoff »
- Shelli Weinstein
Independent Film & Television Alliance membership held their annual elections on September 24 for the executive committee and board of directors.
Ifta chairperson Paul Hertzberg of CineTel Films will head the executive committee. The committee members for 2014-16 are: general vice-chairperson Nicolas Chartier of Voltage Pictures (pictured); chairperson of export alliance Clay Epstein of Arclight Films; vice-chairperson/finance Brian O’Shea of The Exchange; and general vice-chairperson/non-Californian Michael Ryan of Gfm Films.
Gene George of Starz Media; Jay Joyce of Artist View Entertainment; Lloyd Kaufman of Troma; Brad Krevoy of Motion Picture Corporation Of America; Robbie Little of The Little Film Company; Nicole Mackey of Fortissimo Film Sales »
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Stabler and Krevoy claimed in March that Red Granite’s principals Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland had funded the company “with monies that include proceeds from unlawful activities,” and that the money has been used to finance the “Dumb and Dumber” sequel and “The Wolf of Wall Street.”
Red Granite had asserted that the claim was “false, malicious and baseless” with no facts to back it up.
In a filing Wednesday, attorneys for Krevoy and Stabler made request for dismissal “with prejudice” — meaning that the racketeering claim cannot be revived. The document makes no mention of a settlement, however.
Red Granite had filed a suit against Krevoy and Stabler last year, seeking a declaration that the duo — producers on the 1994 original “Dumb and Dumber”– had no claim on the sequel, “Dumb and Dumber To.”
Krevoy and Stabler then filed a counterclaim, »
- Dave McNary
The yearlong Dumb And Dumber To legal battle between Red Granite Pictures and producers Steve Stabler and Brad Krevoy is over. The producers today requested their racketeering allegations against the financiers be dismissed. This filing (read it here) means, I’ve learned, that the two sides have reached a confidential settlement to the lawsuit that Red Granite launched last July 15 to get the franchise’s original producers off the sequel. Rgp said at the time that Stabler and Krevoy had no right to be a part of the Universal-distributed follow-up to the 1994 hit. No right translated into no credits or fees […] »
Brad Krevoy and Steve Stabler have withdrawn a racketeering claim against Red Granite Pictures. The two producers have been involved in a legal battle over Dumb and Dumber To after being excluded from the sequel to the 1994 comedy starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. Krevoy and Stabler worked on the first film and allege that they had a contractual right to be involved in or compensated for the follow-up. Red Granite has insisted that it has no obligations toward the two. The litigation took an explosive turn this past March when the producers targeted Red Granite principals Riza
- Eriq Gardner
Hallmark Channel has given a second season pickup to When Calls The Heart, its second original scripted series which stars Lori Loughlin, Erin Krakow and Daniel Lissing. It follows the renewal for a second season of Hallmark’s first original scripted series, Cedar Cove. Based on the bestselling series of books of the same name by Janette Oke, When Calls The Heart tells the story of a young woman who begins a new chapter in her life in a 19th century coal mining town. It is averaging a 1.5 household rating. When Calls The Heart is executive produced by Brad Krevoy, Brian Bird and Michael Landon, Jr. »
- NELLIE ANDREEVA
Red Granite, the producer of Wolf of Wall Street and the forthcoming sequel to Dumb and Dumber, has reacted strongly to allegations that its financing is sourced to embezzled foreign money. On Tuesday, the production house of Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland demanded that a Los Angeles Superior Court judge reject a racketeering claim made by Brad Krevoy and Steve Stabler, producers of the 1994 hit Dumb and Dumber. According to Red Granite's demurrer motion, its legal adversaries have 21 days to withdraw the Rico claim -- which it says was brought "solely to harass Defendants, smear their reputations, and pressure
- Eriq Gardner
What does Dumb and Dumber have to do with Wolf of Wall Street? Nothing aside from sour grapes between the films' producers, which may have been enough to launch a devastating legal battle. Allow me break down how a lawsuit over the upcoming sequel Dumb and Dumber To has roped in accusations about the makers of Wolf Of Wall Street. The 1994 hit comedy Dumb and Dumber was produced in part by Brad Krevoy and Steve Stabler, but both were denied a chance to participate in the making of the sequel Dumb and Dumber To. For this offense, the pair sued Red Granite and its heads Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland, the production company behind Dumb and Dumber To. In a stunning move, Krevoy and Stabler have added an amendment to the original suit that claims Red Granite committed racketeering in making the company's biggest hit to date, The Wolf of »
Washington, April 10: The makers of the 'Wolf of Wall Street' have denied using 100 million dollars of embezzled money to finance their critically acclaimed film.
A representative for Red Granite told the Hollywood Reporter in a statement that the false, malicious and baseless allegations put forward by Brad Krevoy and Steve Stabler, producers of the 1994 hit 'Dumb and Dumber' were untrue, and Red Granite looked forward to the prompt dismissal of these claims.
The rep said that they have no facts to back up their accusations Messrs. Krevoy and Stabler resorted to rank speculation and innuendo, and that there was simply nothing to these naked allegations.
Krevoy and Stabler had earlier sued Red Granite and its principals,. »
- Lohit Reddy
Producers Steve Stabler and Brad Krevoy, who last year sued Red Granite Pictures for being frozen out of the sequel to “Dumb and Dumber,” have added a new claim to their complaint: violation of racketeering laws.
But Red Granite contends that the latest twist in the litigation is “false, malicious and baseless,” with no facts to back it up.
In an amended complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Stabler and Krevoy claim that Red Granite’s principals Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland have funded the company “with monies that include proceeds from unlawful activities,” and that the money has been used to finance the “Dumb and Dumber” sequel and “The Wolf of Wall Street.” But their claim does not go into specifics of the nature of the unlawful activities, other than to cite “published reports that individuals based in Malaysia, Indonesia, Russia and other countries in Asia and the »
- Ted Johnson
The source of the $100 million used to finance Oscar-nominated The Wolf of Wall Street is being openly questioned in a Los Angeles courtroom. Brad Krevoy and Steve Stabler, producers of the 1994 hit Dumb and Dumber, are suing Red Granite and its principals, Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland, for being excluded from a sequel. The original lawsuit has been amended to include a claim that their adversaries have committed racketeering. Aziz -- the son of (former) Malaysian prime minister Tun Abdul Razak -- in the past has acknowledged that Red Granite's investors come mainly from the Middle East and Asia. That,
- Eriq Gardner
Around these parts we're Huge fans of the Pumpkinhead creature, but judging from a cinematic standpoint, this big bad has gotten one raw deal after another. The original film was great, and its sequels got progressively more horrid one after the other.
Could this franchise get back on track? It sure couldn't do any worse!
While Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings is indeed bad, it's watchable »
- Steve Barton
The 1980s creature feature Pumpkinhead paved the way for three sequels (three!), a video game, a short-lived comic book series at Dark Horse and the endless rumors that a reboot might be in the works. Seriously, these things have come and gone so many times, I've lost track. There's a report today that Brad Krevoy - who produced Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings, Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes and Pumpkinhead: Blood Feud - is aiming to reboot the monster that Stan Winston realized on the screen back in 1988.
The post Pumpkinhead Sequels Producer Aiming to Reboot the Monster appeared first on Shock Till You Drop. »
- Ryan Turek
13 items from 2014
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners