- Acted for The Last Stage, a theatre in the 1960s based in Chicago's Hyde Park and for whom he starred in "Slow Dance on the Killing Ground" and, as Leopold Bloom, "Ulysses in Nighttown."
- (1980) He acted in Sam Shepard's play, "Buried Child", at the Northlight Theatre in Chicago, Illinois with Nina Jaffe, Robert Swan, directed by Gregory Kandel.
- (1991) He acted in Neil Simon's play, "The Sunshine Boys", at the National Jewish Theater in Chicago, Illinois.
- (2001) He acted in the Alan Brandt's play, "2 1/2 Jews," at the Apple Tree Theatre in Highland Park, Illinois, with Gary Houston and Joe Dempsey. Director: Stevi Marks. Stage manager: Rita Vreeland.
- (1989) He acted in Frank Galati's adaptation of John Steinbeck's novel, "The Grapes of Wrath", at the Lyttelton Theatre in London, England with the Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre Company including Gary Sinise, Terry Kinney, Alan Wilder, Robert Breuler, Lois Smith, Lucina Paquet, Laura McMahon, Luke Goodrich, Jeff Perry, James Noah, Sally Murphy, Mark Deakins, Jim True-Frost and Rick Snyder in the cast. Frank Galati was also the director.
- (September 19, 1988) He played Grandpa in John Steinbeck's novel, "The Grapes of Wrath," in a Steppenwolf Theatre production at the Royal George Theatre in Chicago, Illinois with Terry Kinney (Jim Casy); Gary Sinise (Tom Joad); Robert Breuler (Pa Joad); Lois Smith (Ma Joad); Lucina Paquet (Grandma); Dana Lubotsky (Ruthie); Christian Robinson (Winfield); John C. Reilly (Noah); James Noah (Uncle John); Yvonne Suhor (Rose of Sharon); Jim True (Al); Tim Hopper (Connie Rivers); Ramsay Midwood (Floyd Knowles); Rondi Reed (Mrs. Wainwright); Elizabeth K. Austin (Aggie Wainwright); Darryl D. Davis (the starving man);and Relioues De Var (his son) in the cast. Frank Galati was adapter and director. Michael Smith composed original score. Kevin Rigdon was lighting and stage designer.