1-20 of 99 items from 2015 « Prev | Next »
Two months ago, Sony announced that Bad Boys 3 would be released in theaters on February 17, 2017, with Bad Boys 4 to follow on July 3, 2019. Left unsaid, however, were any other key details, such as whether stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence would be returning, or whether Joe Carnahan (The Grey) would be taking over the directing duties from Michael Bay, as rumored. Now comes word from Will Smith that "there's a very, very, very strong possibility that you will be seeing a Bad...
Read Comments »
Two months ago, Sony announced that Bad Boys 3 would be released in theaters on February 17, 2017, with Bad Boys 4 to follow on July 3, 2019. Left unsaid, however, were any other key details, such as whether stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence would be returning, or whether Joe Carnahan (The Grey) would be taking over the directing duties from Michael Bay, as rumored. Now comes word from Will Smith that "there's a very, very, very strong possibility that you will be seeing a Bad Boys between the next 12 to 16 months." Smith made the comment during an appearance on a radio show, which squares almost exactly with the release announcement made by Sony. Smith did not, however, confirm whether he would be starring in the movie. To further whet the appetite for fans...
- Peter Martin
Back in August, Sony Pictures announced release dates for 16 new movies hitting theaters between 2016 and 2019. Two of those were Bad Boys 3 (February 17, 2017) and Bad Boys 4 (July 3, 2019), although the studio has yet to confirm whether or not original franchise stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence will be back as Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett. While promoting his first new music single in 10 years, Will Smith appeared on Beats 1, where he was asked about Bad Boys 3 and gave a cryptic response, teasing that the sequel may actually arrive in 2016.
"There's a very, very, very strong possibility that you will be seeing a Bad Boys within the next 12-16 months."
The "16 months" he mentioned matches up almost perfectly with Sony's previously-announced February 17, 2017. If it arrived in 12 months, we'd see it arrive early in October, 2016. It's also worth noting that he never mentions anything about returning to play Mike Lowery. Shortly »
When Sony blew the lid off its release schedule, penciling in launch dates for the likes of Underworld 5, The Dark Tower and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, the studio also showed some love to its dormant 90s action series by slating both Bad Boys 3 and Bad Boys 4 for arrival in 2017 and 2019, respectively.
Seems Marcus Burnett and Mike Lowrey are coming back in a major way, right? Not so fast. Will Smith cast doubt over the possibility of him returning as the latter narcotics detective for the long-rumored sequel. Although, during an interview with Zane Low for Beats 1 Radio, the actor appeared much more optimistic about the actioner, even going so far as to say that fans could expect Bad Boys 3 at some point within the “next 12 to 16 months.”
“There is a very, very, very strong possibility that you will be seeing a Bad Boys within the next 12 to 16 months. »
- Michael Briers
The actor spoke about the long-awaited sequel - which has been pencilled in for a February 17, 2017 release by Sony - during an interview with Zane Lowe for Beats 1 Radio yesterday (October 5). Watch Smith's comments from 18:30 below.
Smith said: "There is a very, very, very strong possibility that you will be seeing a Bad Boys within the next 12 to 16 months."
Elsewhere, producer Jerry Bruckheimer told Digital Spy last year that »
Joe Carnahan gave it his best shot at resurrecting The A-team brand as a feature film, but audiences didn't bite (Too bad... a highly underrated action flick). 20th Century Fox Television is willing to bet that things might be different if they bring the brand back to TV, as they set out to remake The A-team for another run as a series. Produced by Chris Morgan, who is otherwise producing and penning the Fast &... Read More »
- Billy Donnelly
Thirty years ago, a crack commando unit was sent to television by producer Stephen J. Cannell for The A-Team, a series about helping people in need as soldiers of fortune. After five years, they escaped into the Los Angeles underground until 2010, when the characters were given the big budget film treatment by Joe Carnahan. Now, 20th Century Fox Television has found them again and is planning a reboot series.Yes, while the movie version had its Ott charms but never pulled off the trick of launching a film franchise, the rights holders are now pinning their hopes on a refreshed TV series. Sleepy Hollow writer/producer Albert Kim and regular telly director Tawnia McKiernan (who also happens to be Cannell’s daughter) are set to be locked in a garage until they finish retooling the series for contemporary audiences, adding some new spins to the format including a more diverse »
It was only a matter of time before another attempt to revive The A-Team was made. Chris Morgan, the writer and producer of The Fast & The Furious movies, is said to be developing a new TV series based on the iconic 1980s show.
Deadline reports the news that the new version of the show will feature both male and female A-Team members, as opposed to the original NBC show, which revolved around four male special forces operatives, who were framed for a crime thath they didn’t commit.
The new series is set up at 20th Century Fox TV, and rather than being a set during the 1980s, the new version of The A-Team will take place in ther modern day; a bit like »
- Paul Heath
20th Century Fox TV is putting together a new contemporary TV series reboot of the classic Stephen J. Cannell-produced 1980s action series.
The episodic mission-of-the-week style series will revolve around a diverse team of American Special Forces operatives, but this new team will include both male and female membrs.
Framed for a crime they didn't commit, they set out to clear their names by uncovering the black-ops conspiracy that set them up - helping others along the way using their singular skills.
The tone is said to be fun and inventive. "Fast and Furious" writer-producer Chris Morgan will executive produce with Cannell's daughter Tawnia McKiernan while "Sleepy Hollow" executive producer Albert Kim will pen the adaptation.
Source: Deadline »
- Garth Franklin
Since launching in 2011 through a partnership between theater chains AMC Theatres and Regal Entertainment Group, distributor Open Road Films has amassed a sui generis blend of often genre-leaning product that stands apart from the competition. Movies like Joe Carnahan’s “The Grey” (longtime readers will recall my affinity for that, the best film of 2012) and Steven Soderbergh’s “Side Effects” were favorably received by critics, while others like Jon Favreau’s “Chef” were hits as well. But none truly flirted with the awards season until last year’s “Nightcrawler.”
Nevertheless, Dan Gilroy’s broadcast news thriller came up short, too. It picked up surprise notices from the producers and screen actors guilds and was, for obvious reasons, adored by press and critics groups. But only the writers branch of the Academy spoke up for it come Oscar time. It was a scathing film, one that packed a heavy and cynical punch — perhaps too cynical. »
- Kristopher Tapley
It’s no surprise that Pablo Escobar’s decades-long rise from petty street crime to the “The King of Cocaine” has inspired more than a dozen iterations on screen. Beyond the varied TV documentaries, his persona has loomed large in cinema and the small screen ever since his inspiration for Paul Shenar’s Sosa character in 1983’s “Scarface”; Cliff Curtis’ brief but effective turn in “Blow”; last year’s “Escobar: Paradise Lost” starring Benicio del Toro; and the fantastic documentary “The Two Escobars.” The list of upcoming and recent failed attempts at telling Escobar’s story is nearly as long (Oliver Stone and Joe Carnahan each tried, unsuccessfully, to mount a film), and while the kingpin is clearly attractive to Hollywood and beyond, one constant remains — he’s yet to be the lead character in his own story. And it’s an unfortunate fact that continues with “Narcos,” the latest »
- Erik McClanahan
About three and a half years ago, Bruce Willis became attached to Five Against a Bullet, an action thriller formerly set up at Columbia Pictures from Transformers and G.I. Joe franchise producer Lorenzo Dibonaventura. Then just last year, The A-Team and Smokin’ Aces director Joe Carnahan came on board the project. However, one of them […]
- Ethan Anderton
First up, "The Grey" and "Narc" helmer Joe Carnahan is set to direct "Five Against A Bullet," a potential franchise launcher boasting a script by Alex Litvak and Carnahan. Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Jordan Schur and Mimran Schur are producing.
Bruce Willis was previously attached to an earlier version of the project which follows five elite bodyguards who are tasked with keeping a Mexican mayoral candidate safe through the elections as a drug cartel kingpin has sent an army of hitmen after him.
- Garth Franklin
Currently shooting The Magnificent Seven with Antoine Fuqua, Vincent D'Onofrio has clearly developed a taste for the Western. He's now set to make his second film as a director* with The Kid. He'll also star in the film, alongside James Franco and Ethan Hawke.Newcomer Andrew Lanham (his civil rights drama Just Mercy has Michael B. Jordan attached) wrote the screenplay, which is a new take on the often-filmed legend of Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid. The focus is a young boy, whose uncle has murdered his father and turned his sister out onto the streets. The boy tries to rope Billy into avenging his father by killing said uncle, but finds his romantic notions of the gunfighting outlaw are false. He then finds a true hero in Sheriff Garrett.Who's playing who hasn't been revealed at this point, but the set-up, like Joe Carnahan's Five Against A Bullet, »
In development since 2011 and with Joe Carnahan attached to direct since this time last year, Five Against A Bullet has finally got the go-ahead. Carnahan's name was recently connected with Bad Boys 3, but it looks like this will happen first.Five Against A Bullet has been lingering in limbo for a while, ever since Transformers producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura brought it to studio Sony four years ago. Originally boasting a script by Alex Litvak (Predators), it’s the story of a Mexican politician whose father is slaughtered by a drug cartel. In order to stay alive during a campaign to clean up his local area, the canny politico hires the five best bodyguards available.The film attracted Bruce Willis’ attention in 2012, but things went quiet after that. Carnahan – no stranger to films boasting a high bullet count thanks to Narc, Smokin’ Aces and The A-Team – signed up to re-write »
Stoners take a bloodbath in American Ultra, a genre mash that's mildly amusing until it can't think of anything else to do besides flop around in the deep end of conspicuous gore. Taking a vacation from more serious projects by playing a couple of lethargic, ambition-free tokers who suddenly find themselves in the middle of a Joe Carnahan movie, Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart smoke and say "like" and the F-word a lot and eventually kick plenty of butt in a way that looks to cook up a couple of weeks of buzzy late-summer business with good-times-
- Todd McCarthy
So, it looks like Will Smith will be limiting himself to just the role of producer on the planned Bad Boys sequels that are confirmed to land in the next few years. He will apparently not star in the films. Hang on, what?
The first film is set to arrive in February 2017, so shooting will have to start in the early part of next year at the latest. The last we heard was that The A-Team and Narc director Joe Carnahan will be writing and directing the new movie in the franchise, and we’ve heard nothing to say that this isn’t still the case. »
- Paul Heath
Last week, Sony Pictures went ahead and announced release dates for both Bad Boys 3 and Bad Boys 4, with the former arriving on February 17th, 2017 and the latter touching down on July 3rd, 2019. We know that Joe Carnahan is in line to direct the third film, and the studio is currently mulling over options for the fourth. What we don’t know, however, is whether or not Martin Lawrence and Will Smith will return to star.
Of course, it’s assumed that both actors will reprise their roles, but now we’re hearing that that may not be the case. THR reports that while Will Smith will certainly produce both sequels, he’s not locked in to star yet. Now, this doesn’t mean that he won’t get in front of the camera. It just means that it’s not a sure thing.
That being said, it would »
- James Garcia
A movie based on the Mark Millar and Steve McNiven limited comic book series Nemesis has been in the works at Fox since 2010, but The Tracking Board is reporting that the project has moved to Warner Bros. According to the site, Ridley Scott's production banner Scott Free has also made the jump, as well as Joe Carnahan, who is attached to direct from a script he co-wrote with his brother Matthew Michael... Read More »
- Jesse Giroux
Mark Millar, the creator of "Kick-Ass" and "Kingsman: The Secret Service" has revealed that his next film will be based on his comic book series "Nemesis", that will now be developed and released by Warner Bros:
"Nemesis", the 4-issue Icon comic book series, written by Millar and illustrated by Steve McNiven, will be the next film from a screenplay by Joe Carnahan ("Narc"), that Millar describes as "fantastic."
"Morrow has his family put in protective custody, as Nemesis hijacks 'Air Force One' over the District of Columbia, taking the president hostage..."
Click the images to enlarge »
- Michael Stevens
1-20 of 99 items from 2015 « Prev | Next »
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners