- (1937 - 1939) Active on Broadway in the following productions:
- (1937) Stage Play: Now You've Done It. Written by Mary Chase. Directed by Antoinette Perry. Henry Miller's Theatre: 5 Mar 1937- Apr 1937 (closing date unknown/43 performances). Cast: Jane Bancroft, Junior Eric Burtis, Richard Carlson (as "Lawrence Ainsworth") [Broadway debut], Ralph Chambers, Radley E. Collins, Ruth Gates, Walter Greaza (as "Harlan L. Hazlett, Junior"), Mary Howes, George Lessey, Margaret Perry (as "Grace Dosher"), Barbara Robbins, George L. Taylor, Jack Tyler, Evelyn Varden. Produced by Brock Pemberton.
- (1937) Stage Play: The Ghost of Yankee Doodle. Drama. Written by Sidney Howard. Production Supervised by Theresa Helburn and Lawrence Langner. Directed by John Cromwell. Guild Theatre: 22 Nov 1937- Jan 1938 (closing date unknown/48 performances). Cast: Ethel Barrymore (as "Sara Garrison"), Donald Black, Edward Butler, Eliot Cabot, Richard Carlson (as "Martin Holmes"), Kathleen Comegys (as "Doris Garrison"), Frank Conroy, Don Costello, John Drew Devereaux, Dudley Digges (as "James Madison Clevenger"), Marilyn Erskine, Lloyd Gough, Russell Hardie (as "Steve Andrews"), Ethel Intropodi, Jack Kelly, George Nash, Barbara Robbins, Howard Roberts. Produced by The Theatre Guild.
- (1937) Stage Play: Western Waters. Drama. Written by Richard Carlson. Incidental music by Lehman Engel. Directed by Elsa Moses and Richard Carlson. Hudson Theatre: 28 Dec 1937- Jan 1938 (closing date unknown/7 performances). Cast: Thomas Chalmers (as "Josiah Cutler"), Thomas Gomez (as "Rev. Barnabus Harpie"), Jackie Grimes, H. Dudley Hawley, Van Heflin (as "Kaintuck"), Jimmy Lydon (as "Danny"), Mabel Paige, Robert Shrewsbury, Morton Stevens (as "Jabe Knuckles"), Maxine Stuart, Robert Thomsen, Joan Wheeler. Produced by Elsa Moses.
- (1938) Stage Play: Whiteoaks. Drama. Written by Mazo De La Roche. Based on his novel "Whiteoaks of Jalna." Scenic Design by Norris Houghton. Directed by Stephen Haggard. Hudson Theatre: 23 Mar 1938- Jun 1938 (closing date unknown/112 performances). Cast: Ethel Barrymore (as "Adeline, Gran Whiteoak"), Wyrley Birch (as "Uncle Ernest"), Boney, Richard Carlson (as "Piers"), Lenore Chippendale, Ethel Colt, Reynolds Denniston, Peter Fernandez, Stephen Haggard, Olive Reeves-Smith (as "Meg"), Rex, Joseph Roeder (as "Mr. Patton"), Robert Shayne (as "Renny"). Produced by Victor Payne-Jennings.
- (1939) Stage Play: Stars In Your Eyes. Musical comedy. Music by Arthur Schwartz. Material by J.P. McEvoy [final Broadway credit]. Lyrics by Dorothy Fields. Music orchestrated by Don Walker, Hans Spialek and Al Goodman. Musical Director: Al Goodman. Choreographed by Carl Randall. Directed by Joshua Logan. Majestic Theatre: 9 Feb 1939- 27 May 1939 (127 performances). Cast: Jimmy Durante (as "Bill"), Ethel Merman (as "Jeanette Adair"), Richard Carlson (as "John Blake") [final Broadway role], Mildred Natwick (as "Bess"), Tamara Toumanova, Anthony Albert, Alicia Alonso, Fernando Alonso, Paul Alvin, Savva Andreieff, Richard Barbee, Walter Cassel, Gloria Clare, Peggy Conrad, Ambrose Costello, Davis Cunningham, Dan Dailey, Natasha Dana, Maria De Galanta, Sandy Dietz, Jane Everett, Basil Galahoff, Ted Gary, Dwight Godwin, Gail Grant, Marion Haynes, Thekla Horn, Johanne Hoven, Marjorie Johnstone, Edward Kane, Maria Karniloff, Nora Kaye, George Kiddon, Kathryn Mayfield, Rennie McEvoy, David Morris, Russel Protopoff, Frances Rands, Richard Reed, Audrey Reynolds, Newcombe Rice, Jerome Robbins (as "Gentleman of the Ballet"), Dawn Roland, Phyllis Roque, Robert Ross, Robert Shanley, Roger Stearns, Olga Suarez, Clinton Sundberg, Margaret Vasilieff, Walter Wagner, Mary Wickes (as "Voice Coach"), Mary Jane Williams, Nancy Wiman. Produced by Dwight Wiman.
- (1964) Unsold pilot: Starred in a pilot for a proposed family dramatic series set in a small coastal California town called "Royal Bay". The pilot also featured Paul Burke, Joan Crawford and Charles Bickford.