- (book) Chaucer's Knight: The Portrait of a Medieval Mercenary. New York: Methuen, 1985. ISBN 0413575101
- Feature audio commentary for the film, "Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life", with Terry Gilliam.
- Book, "Starship Titanic", based on CD-ROM game, by Douglas Adams.
- (book) "Who Murdered Chaucer?" (Methuen, 2003 ISBN 0413759105)
- (1963) He acted in the play, "Hang Down Your Head and Die", at the Comedy Theatre in London, England in an Oxford University Experimental Theatre Club production with Michael Palin, Robert Hewison, Richard Durden, David Wood and Juliet Aykroyd in the cast. Braham Murray was the director.
- (September 15, 2002) He appeared in the tribute to Spike Milligan, "Spike Milligan: I Told You I Was Ill", at the Guildhall Theatre in London, England with Eric Sykes, Kathy Burke, John Dankworth, Harry Enfield, Eddie Izzard, Cleo Laine, Paul Merton, Michael Palin, John Sergeant, Meera Syal and Stephen Tompkinson in the cast. George Martin and Giles Martin were the producers.
- (1971) Michael Palin and his pantomime, "Beauty and the Beast", was performed at the Colchester Theatre in Colchester, Essex, England with Sheila Ferris, Eilian Wyn, Monica Stewart, Roger Foss, Brian Walton, William Maxwell, Gilbert Vernon, Celia Imrie and Sally Tinker in the cast. David Buxton was the director.
- (July 7 to September 6, 2009) Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Michael Palin and he wrote the original screenplay for the musical, "Monty Python's Spamalot," at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles, California. Eric Idle wrote the book and lyrics. John Du Prez and Eric Idle were composers. Casey Nicholaw was choreographer. Mike Nichols was director. Tim Hatley was scenic designer.