- Stage actor
- Stage: Originated the role of Lt. Daniel Kaffee in "A Few Good Men" on Broadway.
- Stage: Performed in "The Seagull" at the Manitoba Theatre Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, in 1980.
- Stage: Played Alan Strang in the 1975 Broadway production of "Equus", co-starring with Anthony Perkins.
- Stage: Produced Tony Award winning musical, Spring Awakening, on Broadway in 2006.
- (1986) He acted in Larry Kramer's play, "The Normal Heart," at the Albery Theatre in London, England.
- (1986) He acted in Larry Kramer's play, "The Normal Heart," at the Albery Theatre (West End District) in London, England.
- (June 12 to September 27, 1998) He and Jane Jones developed and directed Peter Parnell's adaptation of John Irving's novel, "The Cider House Rules," (a new play in two parts), at the Mark Taper Forum Theatre in Los Angeles, California with Tom Beyer, Jillian Armenante, Jane Carr, Josh Hamilton, Kevin Jackson, Brenda Wehle and Michael Winters in the cast. John Arnone was scenic designer. James F. Ingalls was lighting designer. David Zinn was costume designer.