1-20 of 339 items from 2014 « Prev | Next »
Despite Pirates of the Caribbean being one of Disney’s biggest cash cow franchises, getting the fifth installment, Dead Men Tell No Tales, off the ground has been hard to accomplish. Kon Tiki directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg are attached to helm the film, with Johnny Depp confirmed to reprise the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, but the film has been delayed several times, and is now eyeing a 2017 release date, six years after the previous installment, On Stranger Tides.
Mega producer Jerry Bruckheimer has been saying that the film will begin production in early 2015, and a new report seems to back that up. According to Inside Film, Walt Disney Pictures is currently negotiating with the government of Australia to receive a 30% incentive to shoot “a big budget feature” in the country.
THR suggests that the “big budget feature” in question is actually 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but the »
- James Garcia
Earlier today, we reported that Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo is gearing up to start production in Australia in 2015, but now we have a conflicting report from Inside Film that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is the project Disney is seeking tax credits for.
Back in June, producer Jerry Bruckheimer revealed that production will likely start in early 2015, and Disney announced last month that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will be released on July 7, 2017.
Here's what a spokesperson for the Ministry of Arts had to say in a statement to Inside Film, although they wouldn't confirm any specific productions.
"The Government is currently in discussions with Disney on possible productions it may wish to film in Australia. These discussions are commercial in confidence."
Of course, it's possible that Disney is negotiating with the Australian government for both Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales »
Pirates of the Caribbean 5, which directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg (Kon-Tiki) previously said will have the subtitle Dead Men Tell No Tales, secured an official Summer 2017 release date last month. Prior to that, Pirates franchise producer Jerry Bruckheimer was forecasting an early 2015 start date for production on Captain Jack Sparrow’s (Johnny Depp) latest adventure – and, according to a fresh update on the project, that still looks to be the plan.
Inside Film is reporting that Walt Disney Pictures is in the midst of negotiations with Australia’s government to receive a 30% incentive to shoot a “big budget feature” in the country, beginning around ...
Click to continue reading ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5′ May Begin Filming in Australia in Early 2015
- Sandy Schaefer
Confession: I think Nicolas Cage is a great actor. And not just because of Oscar-quality performances like those in Adaptation and Leaving Las Vegas. No, the movie that introduced me to Cage’s gifts was National Treasure. And while Cage did return to the big screen for a sequel, the series deserves to become an even bigger franchise.
The National Treasure movies were made in the wake of Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code, an immensely popular, thrilling, if not particularly well-written novel about conspiracy theories and mini-art history lessons. National Treasure is the American Da Vinci Code—and »
- Jacob Shamsian
Although the events in Ferguson, Missouri have created a social media firestorm over the last week, much of the media cycle was dominated by the death of Robin Williams on Monday. Tributes have been pouring in, including this one and this one from Sound on Sight, and there has been some absolutely beautiful writing to go along with it.
It was first revealed that Williams died in a suicide after battling severe depression. Even more tragic news came when Williams’ wife, Susan Schneider, said he was just recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
“Robin’s sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson’s Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly,” she said in a statement.
But when someone iconic as Williams passes away, that’s never the end of the story, »
- Brian Welk
Director Scott Derrickson ('Sinister') returns to the realm of horror with upcoming exorcism thriller 'Deliver Us from Evil'. Based on the novel by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool it lands here in UK theatres on 20 August and stars Eric Bana as an NYPD officer who joins forces with an unconventional priest, schooled in the rites of exorcism, to combat the possessions that are terrorising their city. The project comes courtesy of Screen Gems' and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' and we have managed to snare an exclusive interview with producer Jerry Bruckheimer who disccusses.........'Deliver Us from Evil' also stars Olivia Munn, Edgar Ramirez, Sean Harris ('Prometheus'), Joel McHale ('Community'), Dorian Missick, Antoinette Lavecchia, Scott Johnsen and Valentina Rendon. Check out the interview below. »
Look out, Internet – Martin Lawrence says Bad Boys 3 is coming. The actor, who’s currently out doing press for his new series Partners, was on the Conan O’Brien Show and had the following to say when the ginger one brought up rumors that a third film was in the works. “I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer... yesterday and he said it’s real. They’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good." This seems to support the quote that came from Bruckheimer himself on the topic, back in April. “It’s so funny because we’ll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will [Smith] is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it...
- Mike Bracken
It has been over ten years since "Bad Boys II," and in the time since, all anyone can think about is when "Bad Boys III" will get made. And steps have been taken. In 2009, Sony hired Peter Craig ("The Town") to write a script, and when that didn't work out, the studio hired David Guggenheim ("Safe House," "Stolen") at the end of last year to take a crack at it. Not much has been heard about the project since, but according to Martin Lawrence, his signature comedy franchise is very much alive. Stopping by "Conan" last night, the actor was asked if the sequel was still in play, and he offered up this quasi-update: "I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good." Time to get excited? You might want to settle down. »
- Kevin Jagernauth
There's been chatter about a third Bad Boys movie for a while now, and Martin Lawrence teased some interesting details on Conan this week. When the host asked about whether or not the sequel is really happening, Lawrence responded, "I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday. He said it's real; they're working on the script. It all looks good." He even joked about casting O'Brien as a "crooked cop on crack." Here's the good part: Smith is in. When O'Brien realistically requested a cameo, Lawrence said, "I will mention it to Will Smith and Jerry Bruckheimer." Ya'll didn't believe me, did ya? #BadBoys3 @ConanOBrien http://t.co/fobigf5ykV — Martin Lawrence (@realmartymar) August 14, 2014 Front Page Image Source: Columbia Pictures »
Calling all Bad Boys fans, your wishes for another sequel are coming true. Martin Lawrence says Bad Boys 3 is on! The actor, currently doing press for his new series Partners, was on the Conan O’Brien Show and had the following to say when the host brought up rumors that a third film was in the works. “I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer... yesterday and he said it’s real. They’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good." This seems to support the quote that came from Bruckheimer himself back in April. “It’s so funny because we’ll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will [Smith] is off doing two movies. And then,...
Read Comments »
Movie News - Bad Boys 3 is a go, according to actor Martin Lawrence, but one of the big questions of the possible upcoming film, is Will Smith returning? The comedian, who starred in the first two films in the franchise alongside Will Smith, revealed the news during an interview with Us talk-show host Conan O'Brien. Asked whether 'Bad Boys 3' will happen, the 49-year-old said: ''I believe so. Yes.'' He added: ''I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer and he said it's real, they're working on the script, they're getting close and it all looks good.'' One of the biggest obstacles to making the film will be getting co-star Will Smith on board - an issue Bruckheimer discussed in April. He said: ''It's so funny because we'll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will is off doing two movies. And then, Will »
Warner Bros. is going to wait four years before bringing Godzilla back to the big screen as the studio has announced Godzilla 2 will hit theaters on June 8, 2018. Of course, this date makes sense considering Legendary is releasing King Kong: Skull Island on November 4, 2016, which is generally considered to be something of a stepping stone leading to a Kong vs. Godzilla feature some time in the future. As for Godzilla 2, Legandary has already teased the possible introduction of classic monsters from Godzilla's legacy including Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah, though it's unclear whether all or just one will be featured in the upcoming sequel, which will again be directed by Gareth Edwards who will have his own 2016 feature in one of the upcoming Star Wars stand-alone features. In other sequel news, Martin Lawrence was on "Conan" last night (watch below) and confirmed Bad Boys 3 is in development, »
- Brad Brevet
The original Bad Boys flick helped push Martin Lawrence onto the Hollywood stage, not to mention put a rocket under the career of a certain Will Smith. A bloated sequel followed with the two stars busy on various movies such as National Security and Men In Black. However things have cooled for the wisecracking pair in recent years. Following vehicles like Blue Streak and Black Knight, Lawrence became entombed in the prosthetics of Big Momma’S House and Smith’s focus on launching his kids led to M.Night Shyamalan turkey After Earth. Appearing on Conan O’ Brien’s talkshow, the half of the equation whose profile didn’t go nuclear responded to a question about a third instalment of the cop action series:
I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it’s real; they’re working on the script, they’re getting close, and it all looks good. »
- Steve Palace
Host Conan O’Brien asked Lawrence whether there was a possibility for “Bad Boys 3″ any time soon, to which Lawrence replied, “I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it’s real; they’re working on the script, they’re getting close, and it all looks good.”
Variety first reported that Bruckheimer was helping develop a script for “Bad Boys 3″ last September.
Lawrence didn’t outright confirm whether co-star Will Smith would reprise his role should the film move forward, but did hint that the actor was attached after O’Brien angled for a cameo in the pic.
- Variety Staff
Asked about the project by O'Brien, Lawrence responded: "I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real, they're working on the script, they're getting close and it all looks good."
David Guggenheim was hired to pen the script back in December with the studio hoping to bring back Lawrence and Smith. Bruckheimer in April said it was all a matter of scheduling more than anything. »
- Garth Franklin
I don't believe this for a second.
2) Will Smith stopped making good movies in 2008
3) Movies announced on Late Night are spin, movies get announced through contracts and press releases. This is just Martin Lawrence pimping himself...again.
But let's pretend for a moment that Martin Lawrence - a man who may refuse to walk on grass or dirt - is telling us the truth or at least what he considers the truth. On Conan O'Brian's show last night, Lawrence said Bad Boys 3 is happening.
"I believe so yes, I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer...yesterday. They're working on a script...They're getting close to this. It all looks good.” <------ That's the quote when Conan asks about Bad Boys 3. »
The "Bad Boys" are back!During an appearance on "Conan" on Wednesday, Martin Lawrence confirmed that a third "Bad Boys" movie is in the works. "I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real, they're working on the script, they're getting close, and it all looks good," the actor revealed.Lawrence, who played Marcus in 1995's "Bad Boys" and 2003's "Bad Boys II," did not confirm whether Will Smith will reprise his role of Mike Lowrey. He hinted that the "Men in Black" star would be back after Conan O'Brien asked for a walk-on role in the film."I will mention it to Will Smith and Jerry Bruckheimer that Conan wants a cameo," Lawrence said with a smile. "We wanna cast you in it," he said. "You know what you could play? A crooked cop on crack."Conan laughed, adding, "Yes! I think I was born to play that. »
- tooFab Staff
Michael Bay's Transformers movies are like a kid who's trying not to swear. He's saying "shoot" and "fudge", and we know there's a little vulgarian aching to get out, but instead he sounds like an idiot. Transformers films pay the bills, but the Bad Boys movies (especially Bad Boys II), feel like Bay's true artistic expression. The second film has bags of ecstasy being smuggled inside of a dead woman's fake breasts. Later, the heroes invade Cuba. That's how delightfully bonkers Bad Boys II is, and it makes me want to see if and how Bay could top himself when freed from the confines of a PG-13 rating. Unhinged Michael Bay is the best Michael Bay. There's always been word of Bad Boys 3, but now it looks like it might be inching closer to reality. Hit the jump for more. When we interviewed producer Jerry Bruckheimer about Bad Boys 3 »
- Matt Goldberg
We've been hearing talk of a Bad Boys 3 movie since 2009. The last bit of information that we heard was in 2013 when Sony Pictures was looking to hire Safe House writer David Guggenheim to take a crack at the script.
Martin Lawrence was a guest on Conan last night to promote his new FX series Partners, which co-stars Kelsey Grammer. While there, Conan O'Brien asked him about a third Bad Boys, and if it was actually a possibility, to which Lawrence replied:
"I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer... yesterday and he said its real. They’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good."
The real question remains though… is Will Smith or Michael Bay up for returning? Because without those two elements it's not really going to be a Bad Boys movie. I enjoyed watching the first two films, and »
- Joey Paur
Bad Boys 3 Talk Begins at 3:16 mark
Bad Boys 3 is one of those longtime-coming threequels that it’s almost hard to believe in anymore. (Seriously, we have articles about it stretching back to five years ago.) However, as of today it appears that recent talk from producers like Jerry Bruckheimer wasn’t just smoke; as you can see in the latter half of the above video, even franchise star Martin Lawrence confirms that the film is in the works.
Ml: I belive so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday. He said it’s real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close – and it all looks good.
Click to continue reading ‘Bad Boys 3′ Confirmed by »
- Kofi Outlaw
1-20 of 339 items from 2014 « Prev | Next »
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners