1-20 of 2213 items from 2013 « Prev | Next »
Never doubt the power of Justin Bieber's fans. Despite the pop star's rocky year, he earned a big honor in 2013 when Instagram revealed that a snap the star posted back in August is officially the most "liked" photo on Instagram of the year. The snap features Justin hanging out with Will Smith, who has been close with the young star for some years. The picture has already amassed over 1.5 million "likes"! »
- Maria Mercedes Lara
The Beliebers have spoken, again! As the year comes to an end, we've learned Justin Bieber had the world's most liked Instagram shot of 2013. Bieber's picture with close friend and mentor Will Smith received more than 1.5 million "likes" since it was posted on the site in August. Captioned "Me and uncle Will," the casual photo showcases the special bond between the 19-year-old singer and the famous actor. Earlier this year, Smith showed that he always has Bieber's back no matter what is said in the press. "When somebody is 19 years old, they're gonna do what they're gonna do, just like we did," the actor told Extra. "For me, the most »
2. Sony’s announcement that they will expand their rebooted Amazing Spider-Man franchise in every conceivable direction represents a new peak in Hollywood’s current vogue for franchise-building brinksmanship. Marvel Studios revealed their master plan gradually: Release an Iron Man here, announce a Thor there, wait until Avengers is a hit before you start really freaking people out with Guardians of the Galaxy.
After X-Men: First Class was an okay-not-gangbusters hit, Fox carefully retrenched: Mix in the original director and the original cast, throw out one fan-bait title (Days of Future Past) and then, when they least expect it, throw out another (Apocalypse. »
- Darren Franich
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett are getting a "$215 million divorce," reports the National Enquirer. Well... the mag claimed Smith and Pinkett were headed for a "$300 million split" in October, so apparently they lost $85 million somewhere along the way. Anyway, a so-called "source" tells the tabloid, "Will and Jada are trying to put on a good front in public, but behind the scenes they're having major troubles." Really? »
- Emily James
After all the rumors of trouble on the set of Brad Pitt's "World War Z," it comes as no surprise that Marc Forster won't return to direct the sequel. But now comes word that Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible, The Orphanage) has been hired to replace him. Meanwhile, Sony Pictures has now signed David Guggenheim (Safe House) to write the script for a third "Bad Boys" installment. Michael Bay, who directed the first two films, is not currently involved with the third movie. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are in talks to return as Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett. "World War Z 2" and "Bad Boys 3" have yet to get release dates or productions start times. Stay tuned. »
It looks like Will Smith and Martin Lawrence could be set to reunite for the third instalment in the action comedy franchise Bad Boys, with Deadline revealing that Safe House screenwriter David Guggenheim has entered talks with Sony Pictures about writing the script for Bad Boys 3.
According to the site, Michael Bay - director of Bad Boys and Bad Boys II - is not involved with the third movie at present, although Jerry Bruckheimer is set to produce and is hopefully of bringing back its two original stars for more explosive mayhem.
Released in 1995, Bad Boys marked the directorial debut of Bay and grossed $141 million from a budget of just $19 million, while its 2003 sequel earned $273 million, albeit from an increased production budget of $130 million, which presumably included an enormous pay increase for its director and stars.
Are you excited about the possibility of Bad Boys 3? Let us know in the comments below. »
- Gary Collinson
Los Angeles, Dec 12: Filmmaker David Guggenheim, known for scripting the Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington-starrer "Safe House", is reportedly in talks to pen down the script of the third film of the action-comedy franchise "Bad Boys".
The actors play quick-talking undercover police officers who find themselves in awkward predicaments as they try to solve the crime at hand.
The first part of the series "Bad Boys" was released in 1995 and it took nearly eight years for the stars and director to come back for a sequel in. »
- Meeta Kabra
Sony Pictures is looking to get a third Bad Boys movie into production, and they are looking at hiring Safe House writer David Guggenheim to take a crack at the script. I never thought we'd see another Bad Boys movie, but the studio obviously wants to push it forward. They are also looking to bring back Will Smith and Martin Lawrence to reprise their roles as the crazy undercover cops who fight crime with big gun battles, lots of explosions, chaotic destruction, and harsh language.
Michael Bay directed the first two movies, but it doesn't look like he'll be coming back for the third. He's all about Transformers now! It's fine though, it shouldn't be hard for the studio to find a replacement who can mimic Bay's directing style.
Bad Boys is a fun, over the top action franchise. If they made another one that looked just as entertaining, »
- Joey Paur
This week, the long-rumored production of Bad Boys 3 moved forward at Sony Pictures under the new leadership of co-president Michael De Luca, whose mandate has been to bring Sony back to higher quality tentpole films. What better way to get back to big action tentpoles than to go back to the franchise that delivered $273 million at the box office 10 years ago? Somewhere, the characters of Edgar Wright’s Hot Fuzz are excited, as is yours truly. But while the in-talks status of Safe House writer David Guggenheim on the project certainly is news in the right direction, many questions still remain. The biggest of which revolves not just around the franchise’s two leading men, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, but about the two men behind the camera who built the world around two volatile Miami narcotics cops: Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer. Initial reports are just that, initial, and »
- Neil Miller
This week’s issue of EW is going to feature a lot of T & A.
That’s Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, you sickos. The two women, who will host the Golden Globes next month for the second year in a row, accepted a one-week job to become guest editors of EW. What does that mean, you ask? It means they wrote the Must List and Bullseye, assigned several stories and ran down the hallway screaming things like, “Orphan Black is the new Orange is the New Black!” and “Change all fonts to Comic Sans at once!” Of course, if »
- Dan Snierson
The American movie star has been facing a crisis for several years now. It's been ages since Tom Cruise or Will Smith took on a widely acclaimed role, and box office receipts suggest that few celebrity faces have the power to elevate a movie's profile on the strength of their screen presence alone. These days, it's the content that matters more than the people who bring it to life: Genre, subject matter, and other granular details tend to overwhelm discussions about great performances. The male star, that hallowed archetype that sustains the iconic weight of faces ranging from James Dean to John Wayne, has largely become a fossil. Indeed, the only significant male performance this year in which an actor's recognizable face played into the strength of his role -- Robert Redford in "All Is Lost" -- focused on the possibility of his imminent death at any moment. The upside »
- Eric Kohn
The chief marketing officer of Walmart, the giant retailer that has sponsored a handful of splashy family-friendly productions on NBC, will now lead a group of blue-chip advertisers devoted to the genre.
Stephen Quinn, Cmo of the Bentonville, Arkansas, company, was named chairman of the Association of National Advertisers’ Alliance for Family Entertainment, a consortium of major marketers interested in the development of more content adults and children can enjoy together.
Since its 1998 founding as the Forum for Responsible Advertisers, the group has helped bring such shows to air as the WB’s “Gilmore Girls”; “NBC’s “Chuck”; and NBC’s “Friday Night Lights.” The consortium’s roster has over the years included such sponsors as Allstate Insurance Company, Ibm Corp., At&T Inc., Campbell Soup Company, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Coca-Cola, Kellogg Co., Unilever and Home Depot, among others.
Walmart has recently made an aggressive bid to bring more family-friendly programming to TV. »
- Brian Steinberg
Bad Boys 3 is the third chapter in director Michael Bay’s buddy-cop franchise (starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence), whereas Uncharted is a movie based on video game developer Naughty Dog’s globe-trotting adventure series. The two might not seem to have much in common on the surface (besides having wiseacre protagonists, perhaps) yet both are projects that Sony Pictures has been trying – and failing – to get off the ground for some time now.
We learned earlier this year that screenwriters Marianne and Cormac Wibberley (the National Treasure movies) are working on a new script draft for the Uncharted movie, now that the previous drafts by filmmakers Neil Burger (Click to continue reading ‘Safe House’ Writer in Talks to Script ‘Bad Boys 3′; Rewrote ‘Uncharted’ Movie
The post ‘Safe House’ Writer in Talks to Script ‘Bad Boys 3′; Rewrote ‘Uncharted’ Movie appeared first on Screen Rant.
- Sandy Schaefer
Back in 2009, we got word that Sony Pictures was developing Bad Boys 3, a sequel to the Michael Bay action franchise starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Then in 2010, producer Jerry Bruckheimer said, "It's a wish and a hope and a dream. We've been working on a screenplay, which is excellent. It's an idea Will gave us, so hopefully, it will come to fruition, we would love it to." But it's been three years and no dice. But now the project has life again as Deadline reports Sony, with producer Michael De Luca situated as production co-president, has hired Safe House scribe David Guggenheim to write Bad Boys 3 this time. Bruckheimer is still back to produce (though he's situated firmly at Paramount Pictures with a new deal that includes more Beverly Hills Cop and Top Gun), and the studio is hoping to get Smith and Lawrence back for the sequel, »
- Ethan Anderton
"Any time you can get Big Willie [Smith] to come out and talk about doing a third installment of a hot movie like 'Bad Boys,' you have to take notice. I met with Michael Bay and he said he's onboard too—so it's real," Martin Lawrence declared back in 2010. Clearly, it didn't happen, but Lawrence isn't wrong in saying that the project was/is "real." In 2009, Sony hired Peter Craig ("The Town") to pen a script but it seems the studio, still looking to get Will Smith and Lawrence back together, are looking for a fresh approach. And so, they've hired David Guggenheim ("Safe House," "Stolen") to write a script for the hoped for "Bad Boys 3." But it's probably a long way off. For one thing, Will Smith tends to be choosy and mercurial and generally doesn't make it easy for these kinds of projects to happen (see the »
- Kevin Jagernauth
Sony Pictures are currently eyeing Safe House scribe David Guggenheim to pen the script for Bad Boys 3, according to Deadline. The studio, which recently underwent a restructuring process that resulted in Michael De Luca slotting in as co-president of production, hopes to attract the primary stars back to the franchise, namely Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, in order to get the shiny wheels in motion.
At this time, it’s unclear whether Michael Bay will return to direct Bad Boys 3, although we understand that should the film gain some momentum, Jerry Bruckheimer will produce the action-packed threequel. In truth, there hasn’t been much information regarding the potential follow-up since 2009, when novelist Peter Craig was attached to the nascent script.
- Michael Briers
Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha you gonna do? Make a third movie, we guess.
Will Smith and Martin Lawrence starred in the 1995 original and its 2003 sequel, both of which made a boatload of dough. The first film also launched the career of a young buck named Michael Bay, who went on to direct "The Rock," "Armageddon," and "Pearl Harbor" in quick succession before returning for "Bad Boys II." The first movie came out when Will Smith was on the cusp of his action movie stardom; Lawrence was still starring on his own popular TV show, and hadn't yet donned "Big Momma"'s fat suit.
The question is whether the stars would return for a three-peat, or »
- Jenni Miller
The Safe House writer is in line to work on the third film in the action franchise, reports Deadline.
Bad Boys was released in 1995, with the sequel following in 2003.
Catch up on all the latest TV and Movies releases in Digital Spy's Screen Time: »
It's been 10 years since Will Smith and Martin Lawrence blew up just about everything in Bad Boys II, which pocketed $275 million in the box office, but the third installment of the franchise still seems to be a go (a long gap between sequels is a stable of the franchise, with Bad Boys II coming out eight years after the original) with Safe House screen writer David Guggenheim been courted by Sony Pictures to pen the script. Smith and Lawrence are been sought to reprise their roles of Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett, but so far Michael Bay isn't involved. I don't know how a Bad boys movie would play out without the Master of Bayhem at the helm. via Deadline »
- email@example.com (Tom White)
Save The Rock, the Bad Boys movies are probably the only Michael Bay movies I can put up with. Well, maybe add Armageddon to that list as well. We’ve known for quite some time that Jerry Bruckheimer was intent on bringing back Martin Lawrence and Will Smith for some more high-octane fun, but there hasn’t been any movement on the project for some considerable time. That is, until now as it looks as if Bruckheimer and Sony are negotiating the talents of Safe House scribe Davif Guggenheim to pen the third movie in the franchise.
Deadline report that the plan is to stick with the original cast for the new movie with Bruckheimer once again producing. There has been no word on Michael Bay’s involvement at this stage. Guggenheim is apparently only in ‘early talks’ at the moment as he’s a busy boy scripting a sequel »
- Paul Heath
1-20 of 2213 items from 2013 « Prev | Next »
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners