While we encourage you to take part in creating a Character's page, please read and follow the policies below:
1. Do not add content that obviously fits other sections of IMDb: We do not want to replicate information that can easily fit in one of our existing categories. Hard data like cast/crew information, release dates or box office numbers are still going to be edited and managed via the regular submission process; if you want to learn how to contribute to non-Character categories, you may do so here.
2. Discuss: When there are disagreements in editing a Character's biography or filmography, avoid edit wars on the Character page itself and instead use the relevant discussion page to work out differences, while still observing discussion page rules.
3. Before editing or reverting other people's edits - stop, think and assume the other side point of view: Understand that the other contributor thinks that he was right in editing the Character's page. Therefore, if you find a mistake correct it, but if you simply do not agree with the other contributor, consider using the discussion page. Remember - avoid using 'Revert' unless you're reverting obvious vandalism.
4. Respect other contributors and interact in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere: As IMDb's contributors come from many different backgrounds, and have widely different views, treating others with respect is key to collaborating effectively. Be civil and avoid making personal attacks or sweeping generalizations.
5. Do not vandalize: Vandalism is any addition, deletion, or change of content made in a deliberate attempt to compromise the integrity of IMDb.
6. Always keep in mind that by posting in Character pages you agree to follow our ON-LINE SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
While you should expect that other contributors will edit or revert actions that you made that violate policies 1, 2 or 3, IMDb will enforce a zero tolerance policy on users who violate policies 4, 5 or 6. Violators will lose all rights associated with being an approved Swiki Contributor, including the right to edit character pages. Users who lose their authentication rights due to violations of policies 4, 5 or 6 will not be able to regain them.