Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Plutarch Heavensbee (Character)
from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
|Photos (See all 3 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 8)|
- BigHead Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 (2015) (V) Played by Ted Evans (as Plutarch)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015) Played by Philip Seymour Hoffman
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014) Played by Philip Seymour Hoffman
- The Hipster Games: Blowing Smoke (2013) Played by Alex Nicolau (as Poosnark)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) Played by Philip Seymour Hoffman
... aka "Catching Fire" - USA (informal alternative title)
... aka "The Hunger Games II" - USA (alternative title)
- "Homemade Movies"
- The Hunger Games Catching Fire Trailer (2013) TV episode, Played by Joe Hanson
- "Chelsea Lately"
- Episode #7.174 (2013) TV episode, Played by Philip Seymour Hoffman
- "The Frame"
- Best-seller (2013) TV episode, Played by Philip Seymour Hoffman
President Snow: She's not who they think she is. She's not a leader. She just wants to save her own skin. It's as simple as that.
Plutarch Heavensbee: I think that's true.
President Snow: She's become a beacon of hope for the rebellion, and she has to be eliminated.
Plutarch Heavensbee: I agree she should die, but in the right way, at the right time. It's moves and counter-moves, and it's all we gotta look at. Katniss Everdeen is a symbol. Their Mockingjay. They think she's one of them. We need to show that she's one of us. We don't need to destroy her, just the image, then we let the people do the rest.
President Snow: What do you propose?
Plutarch Heavensbee: Shut down the black markets, take away what little they have, then double the amount of floggings and executions. Put them on TV, broadcast them live, sow fear, more fear...
President Snow: It won't work. Fear does not work as long as they have hope, and Katniss Everdeen is giving them hope.
Plutarch Heavensbee: She's engaged. Make everything about that. What kind of dress is she gonna wear? - floggings. What's the cake gonna look like? - executions. Whose gonna be there? - fear. Blanket coverage. Shove it in their faces. Show them that she's one of us now.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.