Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
King George VI (Character)
from The King's Speech (2010)
|Photos (See all 10 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 8)|
- The King's Monologue (2013) (TV) Played by Andrew Hallett
- Hyde Park on Hudson (2012) Played by Samuel West (as Bertie)
- The King's Speech: An Inspirational Story of an Unlikely Friendship (2011) (V) Played by Colin Firth
- The King Speak (2011) Played by Nicholas Hosking
- The King's Speech (2010) Played by Colin Firth
- Jackboots on Whitehall (2010) Played by Sanjeev Bhaskar (as King)
- Into the Storm (2009) (TV) Played by Iain Glen
... aka "Into the Storm: Churchill at War" - Australia (DVD title), USA (DVD title)
- "That Mitchell and Webb Look"
- Episode #2.4 (2008) TV episode, Played by Robert Webb
- Churchill: The Hollywood Years (2004) Played by Harry Enfield
- "Cambridge Spies"
- Episode #1.3 (2003) TV episode, Played by Anthony Andrews
- The Lost Prince (2003) (TV) Played by Craig Shenton (as Bertie)
- Bertie and Elizabeth (2002) (TV) Played by James Wilby (as Bertie)
- Royal Family at War (1995) (TV) Played by Nick Curtis
- "Masterpiece Theatre: Lord Mountbatten - The Last Viceroy" Played by Owen Holder
... aka "Lord Mountbatten: The Last Viceroy" - UK (original title)
- Episode #1.6 (1986) TV episode, Played by Owen Holder
- Episode #1.5 (1986) TV episode, Played by Owen Holder
- Episode #1.4 (1986) TV episode, Played by Owen Holder
- Episode #1.3 (1986) TV episode, Played by Owen Holder
- Episode #1.2 (1986) TV episode, Played by Owen Holder
- Churchill and the Generals (1979) (TV) Played by Lyndon Brook
- Sekret Enigmy (1979) Played by Andrzej Mrozewski
- "Edward the King"
... aka "Edward the Seventh" - UK (original title)
- A Hundred Thousand Welcomes (1975) TV episode, Played by Timothy West (as Bertie)
- Alix (1975) TV episode, Played by Charles Sturridge (as Bertie)
- The New World (1975) TV episode, Played by Charles Sturridge (as Bertie)
- An Experiment in Education (1975) TV episode, Played by Charles Sturridge (as Bertie) / Simon Gipps-Kent (as Younger Bertie)
- The Gathering Storm (1974) (TV) Played by Denis Lill (as George VI)
... aka "Hallmark Hall of Fame: The Gathering Storm (#24.2)" - USA (anthology series)
[talking at dinner about the forthcoming marriage of Bertie and Elizabeth]
Archbishop Lang: My feeling, Sir, is that the wedding of these two young people - the Duke and Duchess of York - should be filmed, if that is thought appropriate, but not be allowed to be recorded over the wireless. The people might listen to it in *inappropriate* places.
King George VI, aka 'Bertie': What exactly do you mean by that?
Archbishop Lang: Public houses, for example. They might also not remove their hats at solemn moments.
David - Edward VIII: [scornfully] Why this obsession with ritual?
King George V: Monarchy *is* ritual - Boy! That's why. Doing things in the prescribed manner. You've read your Badgett. Monarchy is magical, and you can't let daylight in upon the magic. Little by little the newspaper boys and the wireless boys will be flashing their cameras, poking their microphones under your noses, and one morning you'll wake up and there won't *be* any magic. There won't be any monarchy, either.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.