Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Cousin Egbert Floud (Character)
from Ruggles of Red Gap (1935)
- "Producers' Showcase"
- Ruggles of Red Gap (1957) TV episode, Played by David Wayne (as Egbert Floud)
- "The Prudential Family Playhouse"
- Ruggles of Red Gap (1951) TV episode, Played by Walter Abel (as Egbert Flound)
- Ruggles of Red Gap (1935) Played by Charles Ruggles (as Egbert Floud)
- Ruggles of Red Gap (1923) Played by Ernest Torrence
- Ruggles of Red Gap (1918) Played by Frederick Burton
[Egbert is wearing a loud, checked suit]
Effie Floud: Take off those clothes.
Egbert Floud: No, sir, I won't do it! Effie, we might just as well have a showdown right here and now. What did Lincoln say at Gettysburg? Yeah, you don't know - well, I'll tell you. He said that all men are created equal. He didn't just mean a few men - he meant ALL men. And that includes me: I'm created equal.
Effie Floud: Equal to what?
Egbert Floud: Equal... equal to WHAT? Well, equal to... uh...
Egbert Floud: [to Ma Pettingill] ... She changed the subject on me.
Egbert Floud: [to Effie, recovering his train of thought] Men are created equal to women! That's why you have no right to order me around the way you do. Abe Lincoln said so.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.