Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Violet Crawley (Character)
from "Downton Abbey" (2010)
|Photos (See all 15 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 35)|
- "Downton Abbey"
... aka "Masterpiece Classic" - USA (informal title)
- Episode #5.9 (2014) TV episode, Played by Maggie Smith
- Episode #5.6 (2014) TV episode, Played by Maggie Smith
- Episode #5.7 (2014) TV episode, Played by Maggie Smith
- Episode #5.8 (2014) TV episode, Played by Maggie Smith
- Episode #5.2 (2014) TV episode, Played by Maggie Smith
- Downton Abbey Revisited (2012) (TV) Played by Maggie Smith
- Comic Relief: Uptown Downstairs Abbey (2011) (TV) Played by Jennifer Saunders (as Dowager Countess of Grantham)
Lavinia Swire: This room is so pretty. Has this house always been the Painswick's London home?
Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham: There's no 'always' with the Painswicks, my dear. They were invented from scratch by my son-in-law's grandfather.
Lady Rosamund Painswick: We bought the house when we were married.
Lavinia Swire: You make Mr. Painswick sound rather a rough diamond, Lady Grantham.
Lady Rosamund Painswick: Marmaduke wasn't a rough diamond was he, mama?
Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham: No. He was just cut and polished comparatively recently.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.