Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
John Bates (Character)
from "Downton Abbey" (2010)
|Photos (See all 7 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 43)|
- "Downton Abbey"
... aka "Masterpiece Classic" - USA (informal title)
- A Moorland Holiday (2014) TV episode, Played by Brendan Coyle
- Episode #5.8 (2014) TV episode, Played by Brendan Coyle
- Episode #5.7 (2014) TV episode, Played by Brendan Coyle
- Episode #5.6 (2014) TV episode, Played by Brendan Coyle
- Episode #5.5 (2014) TV episode, Played by Brendan Coyle
- Text Santa 2014 (2014) (TV) Played by Brendan Coyle
- Downton Abbey Revisited (2012) (TV) Played by Brendan Coyle
- "OK! TV"
- Episode dated 8 August 2011 (2011) TV episode, Played by Brendan Coyle
- Comic Relief: Uptown Downstairs Abbey (2011) (TV) Played by Bruce Byron (as Bates)
[the servants are discussing Matthew Crawley, Lord Robert's heir, and his mother Isobel]
Thomas: So what d'you think we'll make of them?
Sarah O'Brien: I shouldn't think much. *She* hasn't even got a lady's maid.
Anna: It's not a capital offence.
John Bates: She's got a maid - her name's Ellen. She came a day early.
Sarah O'Brien: She's not a lady's maid. She's just a housemaid that fastens hooks and buttons when she has to. There's more to it than that, you know.
Anna: We want some *very* precise reporting when dinner's over.
Thomas: Are we to treat him as the heir?
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.