IMDb > Ben (Character)
No Photo Available
Quicklinks
Top Links
main detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographies
by yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Biographical
biography
Did You Know?
photo galleryquotes

Ben (Character)
from 21 (2008)

The content of this page was created by users. It has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff.

Overview


Filmography

   Edit Credits
There may be more credits available for this character. To edit the credits displayed or to add more credits to this character's filmography, click the Edit Credits link.


  1. 21 (2008) Played by Jim Sturgess
    ... aka "21 - The Movie" - USA (promotional title)

Additional Details

Genres:

Fun Stuff

Quotes:
From 21 (2008)
Micky Rosa: He says, "Ben, do you want to stay with door number one or go with door number two?". Now, is it in your interest to switch your choice?
Ben Campbell: Yeah.
Micky Rosa: Well wait, the host knows where the car is. So how do you know he's not trying to play a trick on you - trying to use reverse psychology to get you to pick a goat?
Ben Campbell: Well I wouldn't really care. I mean, my answer's based on statistics - based on variable change.
Micky Rosa: Variable change? But he just asked you a simple question.
Ben Campbell: Yeah, which changed everything.
Micky Rosa: Enlighten us.
Ben Campbell: Well, when I was originally asked to pick a door, I had a 33.3% chance of choosing right. But after he opens one of the doors and re-offers me the choice, it's now 66.7% if I choose to switch... So yeah, I'll take door number two and thank you for the extra 33.3%.
Micky Rosa: Exactly. People, remember - if you don't know which door to open, always account for variable change.
Micky Rosa: Now see, most people wouldn't take the switch, out paranoia, fear, emotions. But Mr. Campbell, he kept his emotions aside and let simple math
[...]
See more »

You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.