Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
First Collector (Character)
from A Christmas Carol (1951)
- Bah, Humbug!: The Story of Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol' (1994) (TV) Played by Martin Sheen (as The Two Gentlemen)
... aka "Bah, Humbug!" - USA (short title)
- A Christmas Carol (1977) (TV) Played by John Ringham (as Charity Gentleman)
- Scrooge (1970) Played by Derek Francis (as 1st Gentleman of Charity) / Roy Kinnear (as 2nd Gentleman of Charity)
- A Christmas Carol (1969) (TV) Played by Bruce Montague (as First Charity Collector)
- A Christmas Carol (1951) Played by Noel Howlett
... aka "Scrooge" - UK (original title)
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse (2001) (V) Played by Hal Smith (as Collector For The Poor #1) / Will Ryan (as Collector for the Poor #2)
First Collector: At this festive time of year, Mr. Scrooge, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute.
Ebenezer: Are there no prisons?
First Collector: Plenty of prisons.
Ebenezer: And the union workhouses - are they still in operation?
First Collector: They are. I wish I could say they were not.
Ebenezer: Oh, from what you said at first I was afraid that something had happened to stop them in their useful course. I'm very glad to hear it.
First Collector: I don't think you quite understand us, sir. A few of us are endeavoring to buy the poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth.
First Collector: Because it is at Christmastime that want is most keenly felt, and abundance rejoices. Now what can I put you down for?
Ebenezer: Huh! Nothing!
See more »