Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
First Collector (Character)
from A Christmas Carol (1951)
- Bah, Humbug!: The Story of Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol' (1994) (TV) Played by Martin Sheen (as The Two Gentlemen)
... aka "Bah, Humbug!" - USA (short title)
- A Christmas Carol (1977) (TV) Played by John Ringham (as Charity Gentleman)
- Scrooge (1970) Played by Derek Francis (as 1st Gentleman of Charity) / Roy Kinnear (as 2nd Gentleman of Charity)
- A Christmas Carol (1969) (TV) Played by Bruce Montague (as First Charity Collector)
- A Christmas Carol (1951) Played by Noel Howlett
... aka "Scrooge" - UK (original title)
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse (2001) (V) Played by Hal Smith (as Collector For The Poor #1) / Will Ryan (as Collector for the Poor #2)
[trying to collect Christmas donations]
2nd Portly Gentleman: What may we put you down for, sir?
Scrooge: Nothing, sir.
1st Portly Gentleman: Ah, you wish to remain anonymous.
Scrooge: I wish to be left alone, sir! That is what I wish! I don't make myself merry at Christmas and I cannot afford to make idle people merry. I have been forced to support the establishments I have mentioned through taxation and God knows they cost more than they're worth. Those who are badly off must go there.
2nd Portly Gentleman: Many would rather die than go there.
Scrooge: If they'd rather die, then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population. Good night, gentlemen.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.