Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from As You Like It (1912)
- 'As You Like It' at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (2010) (V) Played by Jack Laskey (as Orlando de Boys)
- As You Like It (2006) Played by David Oyelowo (as Orlando De Boys)
- "Shakespeare: The Animated Tales"
- As You Like It (1994) TV episode, Played by John McAndrew
- As You Like It (1992) Played by Andrew Tiernan
- As You Like It (1983) (TV) Played by Andrew Gillies
- As You Like It (1978) (TV) Played by Brian Stirner
... aka "The Complete Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare: As You Like It" - USA (video title)
- As You Like It: An Introduction (1969) Played by Brian Spink
- As You Like It (1963) (TV) Played by Patrick Allen
- As You Like It (1936) Played by Laurence Olivier
- As You Like It (1912) Played by Maurice Costello
Jaques: I prithee, pretty youth, let me be better acquainted with thee.
Rosalind: They say you are a melancholy fellow.
Jaques: I am so; I do love it better than laughing.
Rosalind: Those that are in extremity of either are abominable fellows and betray themselves to every modern censure worse than drunkards.
Jaques: Why, 'tis good to be sad and say nothing.
Rosalind: Why then, 'tis good to be a post.
Jaques: I have neither the scholar's melancholy, which is emulation, nor the musician's, which is fantastical, nor the courtier's, which is proud, nor the soldier's, which is ambitious, nor the lawyer's, which is politic, nor the lady's, which is nice, nor the lover's, which is all these: but it is a melancholy of mine own, compounded of many simples, extracted from many objects, and indeed the sundry's contemplation of my travels, in which my often rumination wraps me m a most humorous sadness.
Rosalind: A traveler! By my faith, you have great reason to be sad: I fear you have sold your own lands to see other men's; then, to have seen much and to have nothing, is to have rich eyes and poor hands.
Jaques: Yes, I have gained my experience.
Rosalind: And your experience makes you sad: I had rather have a fool to make me merry than experience to make me sad; and to travel for it too!
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.