Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Bertrand Russell (Character)
from Wittgenstein (1993)
- The Man Who Knew Infinity (2015) Played by Jeremy Northam
- Tom & Viv (1994) Played by Nickolas Grace (as Bertrand Russel)
- Wittgenstein (1993) Played by Michael Gough
- "BBC2 Playhouse"
- Fatal Spring (1980) TV episode, Played by Martin Friend
- "Meeting of Minds"
... aka "Steve Allen's Meeting of Minds" - USA (complete title)
- St. Augustine/Empress Theodora/Thomas Jefferson/Bertrand Russell, Part 2 (1979) TV episode, Played by John Hoyt
- St. Augustine/Empress Theodora/Thomas Jefferson/Bertrand Russell, Part 1 (1979) TV episode, Played by John Hoyt
- "The Wednesday Play"
- Mad Jack (1970) TV episode, Played by Charles Lewsen
Ludwig Wittgenstein: [performing a V-sign with his fingers] What does this mean?
Lady Ottoline Morrell: It's a gesture of contempt.
Ludwig Wittgenstein: A cyclist did this to me as I was crossing the road. I decided then and there to kill myself.
Lady Ottoline Morrell: Are you coming to the Palladium with us this evening?
Ludwig Wittgenstein: What's the logical structure of this gesture? It doesn't have one! That means I've spent most of my life groping down a blind alley.
Bertrand Russell: Isn't it rather an over-reaction to kill yourself because somebody gives you a V-sign?
Ludwig Wittgenstein: Philosophy hunts for the essence of meaning. There's no such thing. There's no such thing! Just the way we do things in everyday life and things like that.
Ludwig Wittgenstein: The college porter knows that.
Lady Ottoline Morrell: Is that what you're planning to do for the rest of your life?
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.