Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Bertrand Russell (Character)
from Wittgenstein (1993)
- The Man Who Knew Infinity (2015) Played by Jeremy Northam
- Tom & Viv (1994) Played by Nickolas Grace (as Bertrand Russel)
- Wittgenstein (1993) Played by Michael Gough
- "BBC2 Playhouse"
- Fatal Spring (1980) TV episode, Played by Martin Friend
- "Meeting of Minds"
... aka "Steve Allen's Meeting of Minds" - USA (complete title)
- St. Augustine/Empress Theodora/Thomas Jefferson/Bertrand Russell, Part 2 (1979) TV episode, Played by John Hoyt
- St. Augustine/Empress Theodora/Thomas Jefferson/Bertrand Russell, Part 1 (1979) TV episode, Played by John Hoyt
- "The Wednesday Play"
- Mad Jack (1970) TV episode, Played by Charles Lewsen
Ludwig Wittgenstein: I used to believe that language gave us a picture of the world. But it can't give us a picture of how it does that. That would be like trying to see yourself seeing something. How language does that is beyond expression. That is the mystery. That was all wrong. Language isn't a picture at all.
Bertrand Russell: What is it, then?
Ludwig Wittgenstein: It's... a tool. An instrument. There isn't just one picture of the world, there are lots of different language games, different forms of life, different ways of doing things with words. They don't all hang together!
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.