Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Edwin M. Stanton (Character)
from "Lincoln" (1988)
- Killing Lincoln (2013) (TV) Played by Graham Beckel (as Edwin Stanton)
- Saving Lincoln (2013) Played by Robert Craighead (as Edwin Stanton)
- Lincoln (2012) Played by Bruce McGill (as Edwin Stanton)
- Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (2012) (V) Played by Bernie Ask (as Edwin Stanton)
- The Conspirator (2010) Played by Kevin Kline (as Edwin Stanton)
- Lost River: Lincoln's Secret Weapon (2009) Played by Reb Moorehead (as Edwin Stanton)
- No Retreat from Destiny: The Battle That Rescued Washington (2006) (V) Played by Walter Schoen (as Sec. of War Edwin Stanton)
- The Day Lincoln Was Shot (1998) (TV) Played by Eddie Jones (as Secretary of War Edwin McMasters Stanton)
- Lincoln (1992) (TV) Played by Fred Gwynne (as Edwin Stanton)
- Ironclads (1991) (TV) Played by Burt Edwards
- "Lincoln" (1988) TV series Played by Jon DeVries (as Secretary of War Edwin Stanton)
... aka "Gore Vidal's Lincoln" - USA (video title), USA (DVD title)
- "The Blue and the Gray"
- Part 1 (1982) TV episode, Played by John Rolloff (as Secretary of War Stanton)
- The Ordeal of Dr. Mudd (1980) (TV) Played by Richard Dysart (as Edwin Stanton)
- The Lincoln Conspiracy (1977) Played by Robert Middleton
... aka "Sandburg's Lincoln" - USA (complete title)
- The Last Days (1976) TV episode, Played by Bert Freed (as Sec. Edwin Stanton)
- Sad Figure, Laughing (1975) TV episode, Played by Bert Freed (as Edwin Stanton)
- They've Killed President Lincoln! (1971) (TV) Played by Robert Prosky
- "Screen Directors Playhouse"
- Lincoln's Doctor's Dog (1955) TV episode, Played by Willis Bouchey (as Edwin Stanton)
- The Gun That Won the West (1955) Played by Richard H. Cutting
- "You Are There"
- The Capture of John Wilkes Booth (April 26, 1865) (1953) TV episode, Played by Lawrence Dobkin (as Secretary of War Stanton)
- Lincoln in the White House (1939) Played by Raymond Brown (as Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton)
- The Plainsman (1936) Played by Edwin Maxwell (as Secretary of War Edwin Stanton)
- Abraham Lincoln (1930) Played by Oscar Apfel (as Secretary of War Stanton)
... aka "D.W. Griffith's 'Abraham Lincoln'" - USA (alternative title)
- In the Days of Buffalo Bill (1922) Played by William De Vaull
Abraham Lincoln: When news comes from Sherman, I'm confident it will be good.
Sec. Edwin Stanton: And your confidence is based on what?
Abraham Lincoln: A dream. It's a dream I had last night. I seemed to be aboard some singular, indescribable vessel and to be approaching very rapidly a distant, indefinite shore. I'll allow it's odd, but I had this identical dream just preceding news of Sumter, and Bull Run, and Antietam, Gettysburg, Stone River, and just before the taking of Vicksburg. And last night I dreamt it again. I'm certain that awesome news is forthcoming.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.