Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Johann Tetzel (Character)
from "Martin Luther" (1983)
Please see the IMDb GetSatisfaction Character announcement for details.
- Luther (2003) Played by Alfred Molina (as John Tetzel)
- "Martin Luther" (1983) TV series Played by Hans-Peter Minetti (as Johannes Tetzel)
- Martin Luther (1983) (TV) Played by Michael Habeck
- Frère Martin (1981) (TV) Played by Philippe Clay (as Tetzel)
- Luther (1974) Played by Hugh Griffith (as John Tetzel)
- Der Reformator (1968) (TV) Played by Dieter Wagner (as Tetzel)
- "BBC Play of the Month"
- Luther (1965) TV episode, Played by Patrick Magee (as Tetzel)
- Martin Luther (1953) Played by Alexander Gauge (as Tetzel)
Johann Tetzel: Good people of Juterbog, have you ever burned your hand in the fire? Even one finger made raw by the flame will torment you throughout the night. Is it not so?
[Holds his hand over a fire until it is burned]
Johann Tetzel: Imagine then, your entire body burning. Not for one sleepless night, not for a week, but for all eternity! Are we to be spared the fires of damnation on the Judgment Day?
[Unfurls paintings of sinners burning in the fires of Hell]
Johann Tetzel: Tonight, your Pope, the vicar of Christ, sends you a gift, a gift to save you from such fires, a special indulgence, granted for the building of Saint Peter's Church in Rome, where the bones of the apostles lie moldering, exposed to wind and rain, desecrated by wild animals...
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.