Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Amy Dorrit (Character)
from Little Dorrit (1988)
- "Little Dorrit"
- Episode #1.14 (2008) TV episode, Played by Claire Foy
- Episode #1.13 (2008) TV episode, Played by Claire Foy
- Episode #1.12 (2008) TV episode, Played by Claire Foy
- Episode #1.11 (2008) TV episode, Played by Claire Foy
- Episode #1.10 (2008) TV episode, Played by Claire Foy
- Little Dorrit (1988) Played by Sarah Pickering (as Little Dorrit) / Harry Cross (as Little Dorrit) / Sarrina Caruthers (as Little Dorrit) / Susan Jane Tanner (as Little Dorrit)
- La petite Dorrit (1961) (TV) Played by Michèle André
- Little Dorrit (1920) Played by Joan Morgan
- Little Dorrit (1913) Played by Maude Fealy (as Little Dorrit)
Arthur Clennam: Ah, I uh... I had a talk with Mr. Chivery, today. Uh... He wanted to speak to me about his son.
Amy Dorrit: Oh.
Amy Dorrit: I wish he had not.
Arthur Clennam: He made me promise that I would say something to you. I know what these affairs of the heart are like, how we... how we hesitate. There's someone I care about very much, but I've held back from declaring my love.
Amy Dorrit: [Turns back to him] Not Mrs. Finching!
Arthur Clennam: No! No, no. Not Flora. No, someone much younger than Flora. You don't know her. But this is not about me. All - all I wanted to say is that if you love John Chivery, if you truly do love him, then seize your chance of happiness. You shouldn't sacrifice yourself for your father's sake. He'll be well looked after whether you marry or not.
Amy Dorrit: Please. Please stop.
Amy Dorrit: I don't love John. Oh, I wish I could. It distresses me to see him unhappy. But I can't love him. Not in that way. Not to be his wife. And now everyone is unhappy or angry with me. I wish you hadn't spoken to Mr. Chivery. I wish you hadn't spoken to me.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.