Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (Character)
from Gettysburg (1993)
|Photos (See all 6 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 3)|
- "To Appomattox"
- Appomattox (2015) TV episode, Played by Julian Adams (as Joshua Chamberlain)
- American God (2015) TV episode, Played by Julian Adams (as Joshua Chamberlain)
- S.P.A.G.H.E.T.T.-1 (2009) Played by Mark A. Marple (as Gen. Joshua Chamberlain)
- Gettysburg: Three Days of Destiny (2004) (V) Played by William Norrell (as Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain)
- Gods and Generals (2003) Played by Jeff Daniels (as Lt. Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain)
- Gettysburg (1993) Played by Jeff Daniels
Sgt. Buster Kilrain: [Chamberlain meets Kilrain for the first time]
Sgt. Buster Kilrain: Mornin' to ya, sir. Colonel Ames sent me to get ya. Thought you'd be needin' a drop o' this.
Sgt. Buster Kilrain: [offers Chamberlain a mug of coffee]
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: Oh, thank you. Uh...
Sgt. Buster Kilrain: Kilrain, sir, Sergeant Kilrain. Glad to be of service. You know, Colonel... the boys, well... we've been watchin' you, sir. That we have. You've learned fast. It's becomin' a pleasure to serve under ya.
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: Yes, well, thank you. Are you a veteran, Sergeant?
Sgt. Buster Kilrain: Aye, sir. I suppose you could say that. Did me duty in the regular army for a while. Did the great long walk with General Scott down south of the Rio Grande.
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: Hmm. Some of the men you fought with in Mexico are on the other side. Almost all of their generals.
Sgt. Buster Kilrain: Oh, it gets worse than generals, Colonel. Some o' the lads that I left Ireland with are on the other side as well. Imagine that. We left together to escape a tyranny... and end up shootin' at one another in the Land of the Free.
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: I, too, have friends on the other side, Sergeant. And enemies.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.