Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (Character)
from Gettysburg (1993)
|Photos (See all 6 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 3)|
- "To Appomattox"
- Appomattox (2015) TV episode, Played by Julian Adams (as Joshua Chamberlain)
- American God (2015) TV episode, Played by Julian Adams (as Joshua Chamberlain)
- S.P.A.G.H.E.T.T.-1 (2009) Played by Mark A. Marple (as Gen. Joshua Chamberlain)
- Gettysburg: Three Days of Destiny (2004) (V) Played by William Norrell (as Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain)
- Gods and Generals (2003) Played by Jeff Daniels (as Lt. Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain)
- Gettysburg (1993) Played by Jeff Daniels
Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: Tell me something, Buster... What do you think of Negroes?
Sergeant 'Buster' Kilrain: Well, if you mean the race, I don't really know. This is not a thing to be ashamed of. The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time.
Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: You see to me there was never any difference.
Sergeant 'Buster' Kilrain: None at all?
Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain: None at all. Of course, I haven't known that many freed men... But those I knew in Bangor, Portland... You look in the eye, there was a man. There was a "divine spark," as my mother used to call it. That is all there is to it. Races are men. "What a piece of work is man. How infinite in faculties and form, and movement... How express and admirable. In action how like an angel.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.