Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Clyde Tolson (Character)
from J. Edgar (2011)
|Photos (See all 22 | slideshow)||Related Videos (see all 4)|
- Double-O (2015) Played by Ethan Pinkerton
- The Curse of Edgar (2013) (TV) Played by Anthony Higgins
... aka "La malédiction d'Edgar" - France (original title)
- J. Edgar (2011) Played by Armie Hammer
- "The Kennedys"
- Bay of Pigs (2011) TV episode, Played by Kevin Jubinville
- Public Enemies (2009) Played by Chandler Williams
- Size Ten or G-Men (2008) Played by Jeff Keel
- Matryoshka (1999) TV episode, Played by Peter Hanlon
- "Dark Skies"
- The Warren Omission (1997) TV episode, Played by Jack Ritschel
- Nixon (1995) Played by Brian Bedford
- Citizen Cohn (1992) (TV) Played by Daniel von Bargen
- J. Edgar Hoover (1987) (TV) Played by Robert Harper
- "Robert Kennedy and His Times" (1985) TV series Played by Jack Thibeau
- "American Playhouse"
- Concealed Enemies, Part I: Suspicion (1984) TV episode, Played by Ralph Byers
- The Private Files of J. Edgar Hoover (1977) Played by Dan Dailey
[J. Edgar Hoover and Clyde Tolson discuss over dinner about the first time they ever met]
Clyde Tolson: Edgar... you can lie to everyone else, the whole world, for you own sake... and for the sake of the bureau, but you cannot lie to me.
J. Edgar Hoover: I should've never given you your job, Clyde. You know that? You weren't even qualified. You remember the day you came in for your interview.
Clyde Tolson: I do.
J. Edgar Hoover: You walked into my office and you fixed my window, you picked up my handkerchief. You handed it to me. You remember why I was sweating, Clyde?
Clyde Tolson: It's because you were exercising.
J. Edgar Hoover: No, I was... I was sweating because I... I knew at that very moment...
[Clyde hands Hoover his handkerchief from the dinner table]
J. Edgar Hoover: ... I knew at that very moment that I... I needed you. And I've never needed anyone else in my entire life. Not like that. So I began to perspire.
Clyde Tolson: I know.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.