Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from Moby Dick (1956)
- "Moby Dick" Played by Eddie Marsan
- Part 2 (2011) TV episode, Played by Eddie Marsan
- Part 1 (2011) TV episode, Played by Eddie Marsan
- Age of the Dragons (2011) Played by Vinnie Jones
... aka "The White Dragons" - Philippines (English title) (new title)
- 2010: Moby Dick (2010) (V) Played by Brian Hall
- "Moby Dick et le secret de Mu" (2005) TV series Played by Jean-Paul Dermont
- Animated Epics: Moby Dick (2000) (TV) Played by Kerry Shale
- "Moby Dick" (1998) TV series Played by Hugh Keays-Byrne (as Mr. Stubb)
- Moby Dick (1956) Played by Harry Andrews
... aka "Herman Melville's Moby Dick" - USA (complete title)
- Moby Dick Rehearsed (1955) (TV) Played by Wensley Pithey
Starbuck, first mate: It is our task in life to kill whales, to furnish oil for the lamps of the world. If we perform that task well and faithfully, we do a service to mankind that pleases Almighty God. Ahab would deny all that. He has taken us from the rich harvest we were reaping to satisfy his lust for vengeance. He is twisting that which is holy into something dark and purposeless. He is a Champion of Darkness. Ahab's red flag challenges the heavens.
Stubb: Well, sir, if it's like that, I don't wonder that you, a religious man, might be a bit downcast. But I don't much see what you can do about it.
Starbuck, first mate: Listen to this.
Starbuck, first mate: [He goes over to a bookshelf, picks up a heavy book, opens it, and reads aloud from it]
Starbuck, first mate: "A captain who, from private motives, employs his vessel for another purpose from that intended by the owners, is answerable to the charge of usurpation, and his crew is morally and legally entitled to employ forceful means in wresting his command from him."
Stubb: Well, that's a mouthful, I swear!
Flask: Wrest his command from him? Does that mean take over?
Starbuck, first mate: It does, Mr. Flask.
Stubb: [incredulous] Why, you ain't proposing we do any such thing?
Starbuck, first mate: [Starbuck indicates yes]
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.