Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Lord Brideshead 'Bridey' (Character)
from "Brideshead Revisited" (1981)
- Brideshead Revisited (2008) Played by Ed Stoppard (as Bridey Flyte)
- "Brideshead Revisited"
- Brideshead Revisited (1981) TV episode, Played by Simon Jones
- A Twitch Upon the Thread (1981) TV episode, Played by Simon Jones
- Brideshead Deserted (1981) TV episode, Played by Simon Jones
- Julia (1981) TV episode, Played by Simon Jones
- A Blow Upon a Bruise (1981) TV episode, Played by Simon Jones
[after many earlier warnings, Sebastian has got drunk yet again and has just been expelled from Oxford. Charles and Bridie are packing up his belongings to send them home]
Lord Brideshead 'Bridey': My mother believes Sebastian is a confirmed drunkard. Is he?
Charles Ryder: He's in danger of becoming one.
[Charles opens a drawer to find it full of whisky bottles. He shuts it quickly]
Lord Brideshead 'Bridey': I believe God prefers drunkards to lot of repectable people.
Charles Ryder: [exasperated] For God's sake! Why do you have to bring God into everything?
Lord Brideshead 'Bridey': Oh I'm sorry, I forgot. But that's an extremely funny question.
Charles Ryder: Is it?
Lord Brideshead 'Bridey': Oh, to me, not to you.
Charles Ryder: No, not to me. It seems to me that without your religion, Sebastian might have had a chance to be a happy and a healthy man.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.