Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Big Daddy (Character)
from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)
|Photos (See all 2 | slideshow)|
- "French and Saunders"
- Episode #2.6 (1988) TV episode, Played by Robbie Coltrane
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1984) (TV) Played by Rip Torn
... aka "American Playhouse: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" - USA (anthology series)
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1976) (TV) Played by Laurence Olivier
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) Played by Burl Ives (as Big Daddy Pollitt)
- Episode #3.3 (2008) TV episode, Played by Burl Ives
- "American Masters"
- Tennessee Williams: Orpheus of the American Stage (1994) TV episode, Played by Burl Ives
Brick Pollitt: Why'd you let Mama buy all this stuff?
Harvey 'Big Daddy' Pollitt: The human animal is a beast that must die. If he's got money, he buys and buys and buys everything he can, in the crazy hope one of those things will be life-everlasting, which it can never be. I've suddenly noticed you don't call me Big Daddy anymore. If you needed a big daddy, why didn't you come to me? If you needed someone to lean on, why Skipper? Why not me? I'm your father! Why didn't you come to your kinfolk, the people that love you?
Brick Pollitt: You don't know what love means! To you, it's just another four-letter word.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.