Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
from Tom Jones (1963)
- "The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling"
- Episode #1.5 (1997) TV episode, Played by James D'Arcy
- Episode #1.4 (1997) TV episode, Played by James D'Arcy
- Episode #1.3 (1997) TV episode, Played by James D'Arcy
- Episode #1.2 (1997) TV episode, Played by James D'Arcy
- Episode #1.1 (1997) TV episode, Played by James D'Arcy
- Tom Jones (1996) (TV) Played by Gordon Wilson
- The Bawdy Adventures of Tom Jones (1976) Played by Murray Melvin
- Tom Jones (1963) Played by David Warner
- Tom Jones (1917) Played by Bert Wynne (as William Blifil)
Mr. Square: [Tom's tutors are discussing his education] You have only taught Tom to laugh at whatever is decent, and virtuous and right.
Mr. Thwackum: I've taught him religion.
Mr. Square: Mr. Thwackum, the word "religion" is as vague and uncertain as any in the English language.
Mr. Thwackum: When I mention religion I mean the Christian religion. Not only the Christian religion, but the Protestant religion, and not only the Protestant religion but the Church of England.
Mr. Square: I fear that Tom is the embodiment of the old truth: that foundlings should be left to the parish.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.