Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Lt. Gen. James Longstreet (Character)
from Santa Fe Trail (1940)
|Related Videos (see all 3)|
- The Battle of Gettysburg (2008) (TV) Played by Allen Brenner (as Gen. James Longstreet)
- Lincoln and Lee at Antietam: The Cost of Freedom (2006) Played by Ronald A. Hawkins (as Gen. James Longstreet)
- Gettysburg: Three Days of Destiny (2004) (V) Played by Ronald A. Hawkins (as General James Longstreet)
- Gods and Generals (2003) Played by Bruce Boxleitner
- "The Jeff Foxworthy Show"
- Foxworthy Shall Rise Again (1997) TV episode, Played by Keene Curtis (as General Longstreet)
- Gettysburg (1993) Played by Tom Berenger
- "Sunday Showcase"
... aka "Breck Sunday Showcase" - USA (promotional title)
... aka "NBC Sunday Showcase" - USA (complete title)
- Our American Heritage: Gentleman's Decision (1961) TV episode, Played by Jay Barney (as General Longstreet)
- Lee at Gettysburg (1957) TV episode, Played by Bruce Gordon
- Santa Fe Trail (1940) Played by Frank Wilcox (as James Longstreet)
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: This is almost perfect, now we got them where we want them. Swing south and east, down the road, get between them and Lincoln, find some good high ground, then they'll have to hit us, they'll have to, we'll have them, sir.
General Robert E. Lee: You mean disengage?
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: Well sir, I've always been under the impression that it was our strategy to conduct a defensive campaign wherever possible in order to keep the army intact.
General Robert E. Lee: Granted, but the situation has changed now.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: In what way?
General Robert E. Lee: We've already pushed them back, they're on the run, vacating the town. How can we move off to the south and the east in the face of the enemy? What are you thinking, General?
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: Maybe we should not have fought here?
General Robert E. Lee: I know that. But we have prevailed. The men have prevailed.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: Yes sir, they have always done that. But in the morning we may be outnumbered, and they'll be entrenched on the high ground.
General Robert E. Lee: General, you know as well as I, we have never concerned ourselves with being outnumbered.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.