Top Linksmain detailsbiographyby votesphoto galleryquotes
Filmographiesby yearby typeby ratingsby votesby TV seriesby genreby keyword
Did You Know?photo galleryquotes
Sir Arthur Sullivan (Character)
from Gilbert and Sullivan (1953)
- Mike Leigh in Conversation (2008) (V) Played by Allan Corduner
- Topsy-Turvy (1999) Played by Allan Corduner (as Arthur Sullivan)
- The Best of Gilbert and Sullivan (1983) (V) Played by John Rapley (as Sir Arthur Seymour Sullivan)
- "Gilbert and Sullivan: The Immortal Jesters"
- Shadows and Sunshine (1961) TV episode, Played by Lyndon Brook (as Arthur Sullivan)
- The Golden Years (1961) TV episode, Played by Lyndon Brook (as Arthur Sullivan)
- Overture (1961) TV episode, Played by Lyndon Brook (as Arthur Sullivan)
- Gilbert and Sullivan (1953) Played by Maurice Evans (as Arthur Sullivan)
... aka "The Story of Gilbert and Sullivan" - UK (original title)
... aka "The Great Gilbert and Sullivan" - USA
- The Return of Gilbert & Sullivan (1952) Played by Tudor Owen (as Arthur Sullivan)
- The Magic Box (1951) Played by Muir Mathieson
- Lillian Russell (1940) Played by Claud Allister (as Arthur Sullivan)
Gilbert: Every theatrical performance is a contrivance by its very nature.
Sullivan: Yes, but this piece consists entirely of an artificial and implausible situation.
Gilbert: If you wish to write a Grand Opera about a prostitute, dying of consumption in a garret, I suggest you contact Mr Ibsen in Oslo. I am sure he will be able to furnish you with something suitably dull.
See more »
You may correct errors and omissions on this page directly. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process.